Chapter Twelve/Thirteen *Untitled*

Chapter Twelve/Thirteen *Untitled*

A Chapter by Tsukin Archangel
"

Uh-oh, could Dare's miraculous recovery be the beginning of the end of a life long friendship? Who knows, Enjoy!

"
One advantage to almost dying was that I, again, got out of  the Interrogation. Mr. Volt was obviously still uncomfortable with my swift recovery, and he kept glancing my way as if at any moment I might relapse and become an incapacitated zombie. Volt had tried in vain to ease the tense atmosphere in the car, but quit after she was shot down for the fifth time, contending to reside in an irritated state, her arms crossed in an obvious gesture of mild anger.
I sighed, my thoughts wandering as the drive continued on. I found myself reliving the night before, my suppressed questions rising to the forefront of my mind like: What the heck was an Anchor, What was Darius’s connection to all this, and What why the heck were my parents so angry to see Darius? I paused my reminiscing and bit my lip, a nervous habit I had recently acquired, my parents anger was more than just anger, it was pure undying hate, a hate that concealed an even more consuming fear. What was it that they were so afraid of? And why did they ban Darius from coming back to visit?
I scratched my head and let out a deep breath, calming my thoughts, and suppressed the whispers that had become just a tiny bit louder. I made a face. I didn’t enjoy this new found talent in the least, I felt like I was breeching a line that wasn’t meant to be crossed by man, some things were just better left in the deep recesses of the subconscious. 
It scared me how fast I had adapted to my new power, just by identifying what it was had given me such an immense control over it Ever since Darius moved here my powers began to grow at a rate that I never thought was possible. I knew that Darius was the key to its secrets.
Mr. Volt stopped the car as he pulled up beside the school and looked back at us, “Ok, you two have a good day and uhm…stuff, I’ll be hear at 3:10 so be ready, got it?”
“Got it,” Volt and I said in unison, climbing out of the mini cooper.
Mr. Volt drove away and we climbed up the steps into the school, and I prepared myself for the onslaught of questions I knew Volt would be asking, hell I knew I’d be burning to know why my best friends parents let in some random transfer student but forced me and my father away when I had known him for like eleven years.
“Ok, spill, what the f**k happened last night,” Volt said as we entered the building, “Even if you’re some clairvoyant telepath that doesn’t change the fact that you were pretty much dead last night and are now as fine as can be. What the heck did Darius need to be in there for?”
We sat down at our usual morning spot by our lockers and I tried to think of an appropriate answer, even though I was just as lost as she was.
“I’m not really sure myself,” I began slowly, piecing my words together delicately, “It was so disorienting…I just remember feeling really, really comforted when he touched me…then everything went kinda black.”
I gave a dry laugh while Volt gave me a look that could cut steel.
“He…touched…you?” She said evenly, “Where?”
“Well first my eyes…then…my hand…” I said nervously.
“Now why would he have to hold your hand huh?” Volt said bristling slightly, was she jealous? The thought would have never occurred to me before, and I could easily find out with my new found power…. I shook my head, no that would be wrong.
“Nothing happened goodness, I don’t know what he did, I just know it saved my life, and I know he knows more about this than I do so I’m gonna try and find out,” I said, “I’ll talk to him during nutrition.”
“Uh, no, you don’t need anymore touchy touch time with Darius, you can do this a different way.”
I narrowed my eyes, “What do you mean?”
“You’re a telepath so you could just-”
“No! I’m not gonna read his mind, sheesh he just held my hand it’s not like I’m in love with the dude, hell I wouldn’t have let him if I could actually move, stop being so freaking jealous!”
The color drained from Volt’s face and I instantly regretted saying that out loud. Why did girls get so infuriated when they got told what they were feeling?
“Jealous?” She echoed icily, “You think…I’m…jealous?”
“Crap, I just meant-”
“Crap is right,” She stood up, “Well if you wanna have your little bromance with Darius go on ahead, I wont stop you. Good day.”
She turned and stormed down the hall, leaving me all alone.
“Wonderful,” I mumbled to myself, “Now I’ve screwed this up.”


© 2012 Tsukin Archangel


Author's Note

Tsukin Archangel
REVIEW PLEASE!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Lol Volt dumping him as a friend, never thought of that! 100/100 xD

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol yes enter the Friend Dumping Section of the book Volt's jealousy kinda runs throughout the entir.. read more
.

11 Years Ago

hope this doesn't happen again! :)
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol it does but its just as brief they cant stay mad at each other
huh? you're suspicious you make it sound like a yaoi...
It's sounding freaky...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol well im not gonna say anything in eithr direction you'll have to read more to find out lol
Rhianne Ney

11 Years Ago

okay...
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol
AH! I love VOLT..SHE rocks..lol we are so alike in so many ways. I seriously liked the way u captured her feelings because thats important. rock on. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

'...and he kept glancing my way as if at any moment I might relapse and become an incapacitated zombie.' *Giggle* anyway, I really enjoyed this chapter and so many bits made me laugh. Like the bit about Darius 'touching' him :) Ahh... but please, explain the anchor thing, I'm dying here!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

302 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 24, 2012
Last Updated on May 24, 2012

Dare


Author

Tsukin Archangel
Tsukin Archangel

Palmdale, CA



About
Hmm let's see~ I'm 20 (wow I've had this account for a long time) I'm a poet I'm a story writer A singer An amateur Voice actor An anime enthusiast An avid gamer 100% Unadulterrated Me! I wri.. more..

Writing