Chapter Sixteen/Seventeen *Untitled*

Chapter Sixteen/Seventeen *Untitled*

A Chapter by Tsukin Archangel
"

Ello~ Dare's first lesson in the art of Telepathy~ Let's see how it goes >:3

"
I took a deep breath and pushed the door open. The staircase was dark as if no one was inside, but I knew that wasn’t the case Volt had just entered. I placed a my left hand on the wall and began to walk down slowly, placing each foot in front of me carefully, Darius following, closing the door behind him.

We rounded a corner and the hall began to fill with a faint light. Another door stood at the end of the steps and I pushed it open, temporarily blinded by the sudden bright light.

“Ever heard of lamps? They might save you from a broken neck,” I said when my vision refocused.
“Ever heard of a flashlight?” She shot back, “Anyway, what’s this training entail?”

Darius stepped forward and scanned the surroundings. Volt’s basement had been made into a gym by her father, the two doors to keep her mom from getting in and killing herself or someone. Work out equipment littered the floor, varying from weights to straps for pilates and yoga, a personal haven for the two sane ones in the house.

 “We won’t need any of this equipment…well not yet. His telekinesis hasn’t awakened yet.”

Volt and I exchanged a glance. Telekinesis? There was more to this crazy Host train than just reading minds and seeing the future?

“Well, lets start with closing off your mind, I know you’ve been trying to shut out the thoughts of those around you,” He said.
“So, I’ll get my silence again?”
“Yes.”
“Great, let’s do this.”

He nodded and grabbed my hands. I braced myself, my eyes closing, and this time managed to not fall on my face when the Aura washed over me.

Okay Darius whispered inside my mind We can begin.

I jumped, and opened my eyes startled, letting go of his hands.

“I thought you said my powers didn’t work on you,” I said
“They won’t unless I let them, now don’t let go this time.”
“Okay…”

He grabbed my hands again and together the two of us entered a state that was both within and without us.

Now, think of placing a wall around your mind. Your mind being an easily breeched fortress and needing some sort of  protection like a fence. Imagining it might help in its construction.
Got it.

I did as I was told and began to imagine a fence around my mind, to block out the whispers. I was vaguely aware of biting my lip as I did so. Slowly the whispers began to fade as my mental construct came into being. 

It’s working! I exclaimed excited.
Too weak, focus. Darius said.

He mentally tapped at my flimsy wall and it came crashing down like a house of cards, the whispers coming back with more force than before. I tried to push them back down to a dull whisper but this time they didn’t listen, staying at a steady indoor talking range.

Try again
Okay, Okay, I’m on it
Think of something stronger
Bleh, okay shush so I can focus.

I inhaled deeply and began again, placing the layers of my wall around my mind, covering it completely, the whispers again began to reduce in volume until they vanished completely. I had managed to get to where I had been before, but this was apparently to weak, so I set about making it stronger. 

I began re-enforcing it, “brick” by brick, moving painfully slowly around the circumference of the wall. I paused halfway through, my mind beginning to tire, my body sweating. I took a deep breath and continued, spiraling up, up, up. Finally, I reached the final spot.

I’m going to close it I called out to Darius telepathically.
Good.

I nodded, even though I knew he couldn’t see me, placed the final stone in place and…crash! The whole wall came tumbling down, my few minutes of blissful silence gone replaced a near deafening roar, as the whispers bombarded my mind, threatening to split it open. I let go of Darius’s hands and covered my ears, wincing from the pain, biting back a scream.  It was too much, I didn’t need to know all the secrets these people had, I didn’t want to know them either.

“What’s wrong with him?” Volt asked sounding alarmed.
“His mental barrier broke down, so he’s hearing everything with more force.”
“So he’s suffering from whiplash,”
“Yes.”
“Well do something.”

Darius sighed and clasped my hands, the Aura seeping through them. This time I didn’t try to stop myself from falling over and placed my weight on his chest, as sweet silence entered my mind. I sighed in relief, and moved my hands from my head, my features softening.

Why didn’t you do that earlier? I said, whispering to his mind.
Well what would have been the point of training?
Good point.

Darius sat me upright and scratched his head, “Well that’s enough for today, you’re more tired than I would’ve expected. We can try again tomorrow.”

I nodded weakly, exhausted, and shakily got to my feet, Volt steadying me. I could feel her glaring daggers at Darius. 

“Is every session going to end with him like this?” Volt asked icily.
“No, it shouldn’t as he gets better at it.”

Volt made a face, looking like she wanted to say more, but didn’t instead pointing to the door. Darius nodded and without another word walked up the stairs and out the house. Volt turned to me, her concern written all over her face.

“What did he do to you?”
“Nothing, he was just teaching me how to block out the voices.”
“That didn’t look like nothing, that looked like you were in pain.”
“Well, it’s not his fault I messed up, besides he blocked them out again for me, so it’s all good,” I said feeling the sudden need to defend him, “I’m gonna go now.”
“Okay,” She said looking a little hurt, she knew that I was annoyed with her. But I couldn’t help it, I don’t know why she had to be so hard on him.

“See you tomorrow.”
“Yeah…”

I grabbed my bag and dashed up the stairs, hoping to maybe catch Darius before he vanished completely. I stepped out into the cold night air and looked around. The street was empty, he was gone.


© 2012 Tsukin Archangel


Author's Note

Tsukin Archangel
Sorry bought the wait, i'll be sure to post a ton of chapters to make up for my lack of posting yesterday, but yeah Uhm ENJOY! please review, I wanna know your opinions LIKE ALWAYS!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Love Volt she the best character! Loved this chapter so much can't wait to read more! 100/100 :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

KK
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

warning it might not b up til like the crack of dawn lol
.

11 Years Ago

kk :D
Volt is jealous... I'm going to send the author to jail

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol is WC jail?
Rhianne Ney

11 Years Ago

Not WC um... somewhere in your mind like what Delta did to her victims :3
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol i love Delta's psychopathy~
:D good job..i love how Volt is overprotective..of Dare..that shows true signs of friendship!!! yay first chap with training and you really pulled it off. BRAVO!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

thanksies ur comments have inspired me to finish the next chapter etc u can expect it soon >;3
Amazing as always :) I like that he sorta fails at the whole thing :) It's nice when they actually you know, have to work to train. I really liked the way you explained the mind bit too. Keep going! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very good as usual.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

To think the 1st session didn't go all too well....I'm loving this more and prays so eargerly the next chapyer comes out soonest.Vividly illustrated and beautifully plotted

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

337 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 27, 2012
Last Updated on May 27, 2012

Dare


Author

Tsukin Archangel
Tsukin Archangel

Palmdale, CA



About
Hmm let's see~ I'm 20 (wow I've had this account for a long time) I'm a poet I'm a story writer A singer An amateur Voice actor An anime enthusiast An avid gamer 100% Unadulterrated Me! I wri.. more..

Writing