The Seventh Number

The Seventh Number

A Poem by Archia

In seven notes a song is sung,

In seven worlds a dance is done.

For seven years a heart is made,

For seven lives a life is laid.

With seven words a story is read,

With seven lines a story is said.

Take a seven and make it true make it all it is to you.

© 2013 Archia


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love how you picked a certain number and then based your whole poem around it, it not only shows off your talent for poetry, but also gives the reader some newly conceived thought about that number that they wouldn't normally otherwise think of. Wonderful job and keep on writing! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Interesting. I do enjoy poetry like this. I have a thing for the number three. Thrice is eternal.

Seven is just a symbol of life, in this piece. Life made or unmade. Life lived or dead. Life taken or forsaken. I really like it.

My only suggestion is instead of saying "story" twice, kind of messes up your flow there, maybe make one "tale" or... Get this... "With seven words history is made." (doesn't need to be a perfect rhyme. But if you want one you can go with "With seven words history is read." Same ending, same line, just history instead of story).

M. Super

Posted 10 Years Ago


Interesting. I do enjoy poetry like this. I have a thing for the number three. Thrice is eternal.

Seven is just a symbol of life, in this piece. Life made or unmade. Life lived or dead. Life taken or forsaken. I really like it.

My only suggestion is instead of saying "story" twice, kind of messes up your flow there, maybe make one "tale" or... Get this... "With seven words history is made." (doesn't need to be a perfect rhyme. But if you want one you can go with "With seven words history is read." Same ending, same line, just history instead of story).

M. Super

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is very beautiful and I love how you chose the number seven(my understanding is that it is the number of completeness and perfection. Being a Christian of course I believe the universe was completed in seven days)
Your poem is wonderfully thought provoking and your last line hits the reader with that eternal quest...to make life all it means to you (positively that is!)

Posted 10 Years Ago


That's my fav. poem that has became by you...awesome write, i think, the color of rainbow has too seven colors....that means
with seven words a song i can sing,
with the seven color's, rainbow shine'ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss n then blinkkkk...!!
awesome write, hey, may i ask, how you got idea to write, because i even never thought about such kinda pretty piece...??
well written...i think i'm gonna read your more work...


Posted 11 Years Ago


In seven lines a poem is written...
Excellent...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

:)
Yes so much more closer to my theme than imagined by me...
Promising work of a promising poet...on the way to stardom...
good work!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 19, 2013
Last Updated on January 19, 2013
Tags: seven

Author

Archia
Archia

About
Really, I'm just one of you. Come in, sit down, grab a cup of tea and enjoy a good read (now that may be a questionable statement). If there's anything in any of my stories that you want to be exp.. more..

Writing
Is it Worth It? Is it Worth It?

A Story by Archia