Raintime

Raintime

A Story by Archia
"

War as rain.

"

Sometimes the rain stops falling and I can look out onto the street and watch people as they venture cautiously into the air. Of course they never stray far from their homes, no one knows when the rain will come again, and if they go out with their children they hold onto their hands as if they were handcuffed. It wouldn’t be long before the rain would return, and people will scurry homes with children in arms and water pouring down their face. It’s horrid day if someone gets too wet.

I have seen it before, the rain cascading suddenly onto a person and I wished I could of seen their face. The water was too thick to notice but I imagine it would have been filled with terror. Maybe though their face would of shown peace, because they didn’t have to worry about the rain anymore.

After that people stopped coming out for a while even when it wasn’t raining. It was a few weeks before I saw another person again and I had begun to wonder if they even existed. Perhaps everyone had been caught in that cascade. It has happened before, groups of people being sprung by the clouds opening too suddenly to give any chance at getting away. There’s only so fast you can run when the rain bears down.

Sometimes the rain is so hard people can’t even find safety in buildings. Hiding away where nothing can be seen and believed can’t even save a person then. Those are the days the clouds decided to collect and rain together on one place.

One day I hope that the rain will stop. There was a time when the sky was blue and rain only fell in far away parts where we needn’t worry. But now the rain is here and all I can do is stare wistfully out at the street, trying to remember when the pavements didn’t glisten with water. If those days were here once, they can be here again and we can forget fear. But even if they can return and the rain goes away, it can still come back. There will always be clouds in the sky and there’ll always be people looking at them. 

© 2015 Archia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow !!! this story have a great emotions and deep feelings !!! i love the scene this poetry is telling about the rain !!!! rain is beautiful indeed !!!
every one loves rain and scene after raining it the most beautiful and charming when every single thing is washed and shines spreads !!!a beautiful rainbow across the the sky !!! those moment are really unforgettable

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
1 Review
Added on October 14, 2015
Last Updated on October 14, 2015

Author

Archia
Archia

About
Really, I'm just one of you. Come in, sit down, grab a cup of tea and enjoy a good read (now that may be a questionable statement). If there's anything in any of my stories that you want to be exp.. more..

Writing
Is it Worth It? Is it Worth It?

A Story by Archia