Mocking Fear

Mocking Fear

A Story by Archia

You’re shaking, more like quaking with the force of something that could split the earth. Fear that’s shuddering inside of you, a morbid, sordid fear that you wonder if it deserved existence. But exist it does, and exist inside of you. You question and writhe, twisting slimy thoughts through your head that fall far into the recesses of your mind, unable to be dragged back up and pushed away into oblivion. They sit there, bubbling over throughout the mind of its prey, mocking with a loathsome voice of the pain that it can cause. You’re absolutely horrified, wondering how the world could conjure such a petrifying thing and let it slip so subtly into your hands and your mind. You wish you could pull it out with such a force that it shatters and turn into wisps in the air, floating along until it fads so high in the clouds it no longer exists. Yet pulling only makes it dig in deeper. There’s no way either, as you wish there was, to drape a white blanket of pure innocence across it. When something has engrained itself in the mind so deep only death can take it from your grasp and even then with death it is the last memory that will rest forever.

There’s no way for you to escape the torrent of fear, to hide from the dreadfulness that sits so mockingly within your mind. All you can do is look forward, accept the fate that awaits you and mutter under your breath ‘I hate speeches.’  

                                                                                                                                                                               

© 2016 Archia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The title confused me a bit. I thought you were going to mock fear, but now I see there's a line where fear is mocking you.

Favorite line torrent of fear, slimy thoughts, pulling only makes it dig in deeper

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
1 Review
Added on September 13, 2016
Last Updated on September 13, 2016

Author

Archia
Archia

About
Really, I'm just one of you. Come in, sit down, grab a cup of tea and enjoy a good read (now that may be a questionable statement). If there's anything in any of my stories that you want to be exp.. more..

Writing
Is it Worth It? Is it Worth It?

A Story by Archia