Life of a Flower

Life of a Flower

A Story by Archia

The flower wilted gracefully as the sun shadowed its way to dark, covering the wind-swept plains with a soft blanket. In the conformed field of darkened colours a small figure made its way slowly, crushing the stems under its foot. Not one being heard the blossoms as they cried out in unrefined pain, broken stalks lying flattered on the ground.

The small figures ears were closed to the screams, no heed needed to be paid to irrelevant beings. The figure paused a moment in its steps. A bend in its back showed its aim to relieve a flower from the ground. The daisy rose came with ease from the soft-ground soil. The figure lifted it to its nose and without a breath smelt its noiseless smell. The rose purposely slipped from its hands, cascading through the air, turning over till it came to rest on a bed of sisters.

The figure continued its walk, stepping through the midnight air. At the edge of the field it paused again and turned, eyeing the unseen destruction.

In the shadows of colour sat a lone flower, staring out over the torrent of the single figure. Disfigured flowers lay in torture, standing lives cowered straight and tall.

A flower lives a life where birth chooses its future. Pain, happiness. All is chosen by where the seed lands. That is the life of a flower, much like the life of man.

© 2011 Archia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Breathtakingly powerful description , i can just imagine every inch of the petals , you have given the flower an amazing sense of ownership of strength and beauty.
This piece is lovely and flows brilliantly , i am lucky to have read it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love the beauty of the description! I hung on to every word and couldn't let go. It was similar to when one reads a powerful and intriguing book and can't put it down. I adore how you took a simple scene and made it something exciting and unique! That's strong stuff. Awesome job! :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very, very powerful. Wow. I was kind of struck speechless by it. You certainly have a way with words, especially with stories (or should I say drabbles?) such as these. There's a lot of powerful emotion in here. Great job! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 22, 2011
Last Updated on December 22, 2011

Author

Archia
Archia

About
Really, I'm just one of you. Come in, sit down, grab a cup of tea and enjoy a good read (now that may be a questionable statement). If there's anything in any of my stories that you want to be exp.. more..

Writing
Is it Worth It? Is it Worth It?

A Story by Archia