Just

Just

A Story by Archia
"

a FICTIONAL suicide note

"

I open up the page, and begin, a tear already in my eye.

 

Dear Friend

Why? I’d like to think that question rings through both our minds. I cannot find the answer  still though I’d like to say I tried. I guess, the answer has always been there in my mind. And yet I did not do anything about it. I just stayed quiet, hid what I knew. I should have said something, anything, especially to you. Do you know how many times I almost blurted it all out? I was going to once, the words were forming in my mouth. But I couldn’t. I guess some things were never meant to be. Life? You always said to live life to the fullest. I won’t ever forget that, never. Not even now. Do you remember all the amazing times we had together? Like how we trekked three buses and two trains to get to the beach, to find it closed. Yet the sand still got through all our stuff. Remember when you put up decorations all around my house for my birthday, because you couldn’t afford a present and  don’t want to come true. You will remember me won’t you? No matter where you are? You’ve always been there for me, always. Whatever happened, you’d always be there to hold my hand. And now, I’d like to believe that you still are there for me. Whilst I don’t want to stop, I know that I must. I must.

I say goodbye with a tear Friend.

Goodbye.

 

And with a final tear dripping onto the page, I sign my name with a flourish.

© 2012 Archia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I thought I was the only person who'd ever written a suicide note just to write one, I guess it's good to know I'm not alone, maybe...
But any who's, your writing: it's amazing. I've read a bunch of your stuff already and this one, just like the others, has an impact and sends a strong message no matter how long or short it is. You do a great job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I really like your style! What a beautifully crafted note. It was so nicely put and how you described "their" times together really brought the reality of the note to life.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Careful... Shakespeare said we are never more serious than when we jest !! I would hate for you to be disappointed once you got to the other side only to discover you have to come back as a government employee !! Flourish not withstanding !!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
3 Reviews
Added on January 9, 2012
Last Updated on January 9, 2012

Author

Archia
Archia

About
Really, I'm just one of you. Come in, sit down, grab a cup of tea and enjoy a good read (now that may be a questionable statement). If there's anything in any of my stories that you want to be exp.. more..

Writing
Is it Worth It? Is it Worth It?

A Story by Archia