By You this is seen as Trivial

By You this is seen as Trivial

A Story by Archia
"

Trivial trifles

"

We sit there, chatting aimlessly, talking of this and that. That new politician, they’re a real clincher. They won by three nil, fancy that. It was tight towards the end. That dress, does purple really suit. There’s a party this weekend. Beach tomorrow anyone? All these things, trifles really, no matter how important they are. Minds pass over and then leave as dessert is served. Tea and coffee will come. Decaf? There’s that new honey brand, only the best here. No less trivial than before. Each time a new start begins it is treated the same, nothing important, just for conversations sake. Cups empty, spoons clatter. Did you hear of those people? The bushwalkers. Got lost in the bush. Been drinking too much. Not serious bushwalkers, really. Who brings more than a beer on a bushwalk? Darn stupid really. Maybe not right in the head? Didn’t say that on the news. News lies. No more than stupid buggers, got ‘emselves killed. Too right. Really, probably better they skinted, who knows what people like that could do to our society. Just trifles, trivial things. Plates sitting in the sink. Still talking. Hasn’t passed from the trivial. Those bushwalkers. Wonder what they were thinking. Maybe wanted done for it. Drank themselves down. Not smart enough to think of that. Stupid them. Not fit for society. Not for us certainly. Oh boys. Stupid. Unfit. Dumb. Challenged. Stupid. Don’t you realise there’s people mourning for those men?

Everyone leaves.

© 2014 Archia


Author's Note

Archia
245 words

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting, well written and easy to read. The facts are presented clearly and concisely.

Posted 10 Years Ago


You are the first person to enter this contest!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very very well written! Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


very well written,liked the way and style of writing,it's dragging the attention and interest with each sentence and line.liked it very much..thanks.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Where is my mind? Seprate diolog from narator. Giving the person speaking his own paragraph. Also use. Beginning and ending qotation marks. For hits look at other writers work to see the transition. Now I can move on.

Posted 12 Years Ago


So for a great read. It held my intrest enough to tgrn the page.

Note, break up into smaller paragraphs for easier reading. Moving on to the next chapter.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Idle chit chat and gossip, batted back and forth, no one really thinking about what they have said. Kind of makes you wonder what God would be thinking, listening to us. A thoughtful piece, Archia.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Wow! Nice perspective of writing! You are always a mind opener, Archia!
Thanks for this wonderful piece!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Things happen. Not always by our own doing mind you, still you're right, we all trip over our own ingnorance... some for the better, some not so much so. Triffles are the way we all cope. No one can be on 24/7. I like the under currant of what you're saying... interesting how you see yourself as watching from the outside

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is almost awesome. It implies and describes in a subtle way, and says so much without speaking of more than "trifles."

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

480 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 2, 2012
Last Updated on February 18, 2014
Tags: trivial, trifle

Author

Archia
Archia

About
Really, I'm just one of you. Come in, sit down, grab a cup of tea and enjoy a good read (now that may be a questionable statement). If there's anything in any of my stories that you want to be exp.. more..

Writing
Is it Worth It? Is it Worth It?

A Story by Archia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


a drop of life a drop of life

A Poem by Pax


Chapter 4 Awakening Chapter 4 Awakening

A Chapter by Alex