A Bit of Magic: Kenny's side

A Bit of Magic: Kenny's side

A Story by Arctic Fox
"

To complement my girlfriend's tale, A Bit of Magic. "Kiba-Chan"

"

“Don’t even say it Kenny.” She smirked at her husband. She swiped her short brown hair behind her ear and walked up to him. He pushed off the wall with a smile and encased the smaller in his strong arms.

“I told you so.” Before she could scoff at him, Kenny leaned in and kissed her. A soft, reassuring kiss.

“You make a great mom Rayne and Willow knows it and soon so will Kenneth.”

Rayne pulled away gently and gently touched her lower abdomen before taking Kenny’s hand. She led him down the hallway, letting her long fluffy black tail intertwine with his poofy white one.

“So…I wonder when we should tell Willow…” His laughter wafted down the hall as the turned into their own bedroom.

“I think she’ll figure it out soon enough. After all, your bedtime stories all include a fox, a wolf, and a bit of magic.”

“When should we start home schooling her,” Rayne asked.

“Soon my Beta. You can already see the change in her features with each passing year. She will be a strong, yet lean girl. A true beauty like her mother. Let us hope she makes good uses of what we have to offer her. We share many traits my love. Our daughter has no hope. She will be compassionate, yet fierce. She will be independent, a natural leader, and strong of will. She will be so creative, talented, and intelligent. All of that is great, but what makes her perfect is that she is ours. She will have everything a parent would want in their child. Her greatest trait though is that she will be one of a kind. The beautiful result of a unique union,” Kenny said.

“Oh so poetic, Alpha.”

“I hear a hint of sarcasm, Rayne.”

“Just a bit.”

“Oh just a wee bit, ay,” Kenny said, “whose the one who writes ‘less-than-normal’ fan-fics?”

“But they’re juicy,” Rayne replied with an innocent expression.

“The sad thing is that some people in this world would agree. I, on the other hand, do not,” Kenny said. The couple crawled in bed and snuggled up close to each other. Kenny stared into his wife’s eyes. His heart screamed in mortal agony. It was so full of love; it was just a breath away from bursting. Kenny did not mind the feeling. If you could die from loving someone so much; would it not be a valid argument to say that your death was the greatest gift you could give them.

“I love your eyes so much. I used to call them the eyes of the dragon, but then I did not know that those very eyes were the eyes of a vulpine,” Rayne said returning the same awe struck look.

“Well if I had known how lupine you were at the time, maybe things would have progressed a little faster. As it stands we did have a little roadblock getting started,” Kenny laughed thinking on a dock years ago .

“Well at least I wasn’t a man-…,” Rayne began.

“Don’t finish that statement. One your not a man, and two. I just went through a break up at the time. I pray to God that my son does not take after his grandfather or father. I was wore than dad and I know how bad I was. I shudder to think of what would happen if my son inherited that aspect of me. Ha-ha, Kenny laughed, “Rayne! That’s not fair. I’m highly ticklish and your not. Stop, ha-ha!” Rayne moved her tail from her husband’s face.

“Better,” Rayne asked her husband.

“Yes, thank you. If only you suffered the wrath of mine as I do yours,” Kenny replied.

“How can you call that thing a tail? Its so bushy and, and.”

“Fluffy,” Kenny finished for her.

“Yes!”

“Don’t knock on the tail my dear. Your just jealous that yours is so not-fluffy.”

“Oh yeah. Let me tell you.”

“I knew it! I just knew it,” Kenny said with feigned excitement. Both of them laughed. Kenny kissed his wife gently while he place a hand against swollen belly. His son was sleeping peacefully. He would be an amazing man one day. Both of the children would grow up to become great, strong people. The product of the two best races long forgotten by man kind. The Lugaru and the foxes.

The Lugaru were once worshipped by man. They were the elite of society, but soon became feared and hunted giving birth to the werewolf myth. Foxes were more accepted by the Asian cultures as givers of both great fortune and great tragedy; though Kenny was clearly Irish and not an ounce Asian.

Though considerably less in number, both races were still very much alive and intertwined among the rest of humanity. Kenny being a pilot and high school teacher was well respect by most, but they still held a healthy weariness of him. Rayne Being on maternity leave had taken up her old hobby of drawing and other artistic crafts which people spent hundreds to obtain. She cared far less of the opinion of others. Most of the women left her alone save for a few who grew up with her. Two of which knew her secret.

“So I’m curious how the story is going to progress.”

“I swear! You are as bad as your daughter and you’re the writer.”

“And the English teacher,” Kenny added.

© 2011 Arctic Fox


Author's Note

Arctic Fox
My girlfriend is the original mastermind. The real "meat and potatoes" of the tale is her parts where she tells the tales of foxes, wolves, and magic to her daughter each night. I just add little bits to give background info and side knowledge to complement her story. Check out the original at Kiba-Chan's page!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

you do not give yourself enough credit my love. Your part was so Awesome I wanted to honor your hard work, by writing this. And yes, If it gets you to write more then so be it ;)

Posted 12 Years Ago


lol now look. you write something awesome like this just to make my part look like crap. Just to spite you i should write more on my side even though i said i wouldnt. ....you did this on purpose didnt you?

anyway this is fabulous :) even the whole 'rayne being preggo' part isnt too werid (it still is tho)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

421 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 2, 2011
Last Updated on May 2, 2011

Author

Arctic Fox
Arctic Fox

LA



About
I am the youngest of three. I was born in 1991. I love to read, write, and help others. Want to know more, just ask. I will answer any question no matter what it is with a 100% honest answer. more..

Writing