Gone

Gone

A Story by Ari Cash

He had made a mistake.
A huge one.
And he needed to fix said mistake before it was too late.
But how?
Time was slipping away, faster than he wanted it to.
Then again, so was she, right through his fingers.
His voice couldn’t find the right words to say, but he needed to say something before she walked away.
The way she was looking up at him, her innocent big brown eyes filled with fresh tears, didn’t make him feel any better.
“Take it back.” She whispered, her voice quivering with emotion. “I know you’ve been stressed lately, and you didn’t mean that…so just take it back.”
He ran a hand through his hair, a war raging within his soul. He didn’t hate her; he could never hate anyone, but her?
No, Tori was unable to be hated.
Well, his sister Amy somehow managed to constantly, but that was a different story…
He realized she was waiting for him to answer, but just as he parted his lips, the sound of her boots clacking against the pavement hit his ears�"that could only mean she was walking away.
He wanted to run after her, grab her by the arm and tell her he didn’t mean it, that he didn’t hate her, that he loved her with all of his heart, and then crush his lips to hers...but he didn’t.
Instead he turned around and walked the other way, towards his car. He had lost her; there was no use in trying to get her back now.
He had lost the girl of his dreams, his wife for only a year.
The pain in his heart was indescribable as he got in his car and drove away.
---

© 2012 Ari Cash


Author's Note

Ari Cash
Just wrote this quick little thing

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is sad, great work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sad but I really liked the way you described it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


well written... sad, heartbreaking story, but excellently expressed

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I pause with many Authors here. I wonder if an Author is predisposed to the things they write and how they "see" their ...characters?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ari Cash

11 Years Ago

I don't understand
Chris

11 Years Ago

I apologize - wasn't a review - I had left a question.

You depicted an emotional sce.. read more
Ari Cash

11 Years Ago

Oh, well thank you! :D
Nicely written, Its a very heartbreaking story, but I really like it! Great job

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ari Cash

11 Years Ago

Thank youuu
very emotional but pretty good job

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ari Cash

11 Years Ago

Thanks
sierrasparks91

11 Years Ago

welcome :)
Awww, this is really really sad. :'( This made me remember the saying "Regret is always at the end." A sad but nicely written story. :))

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 12, 2012
Last Updated on September 12, 2012

Author

Ari Cash
Ari Cash

Chicago, IL



About
Sup sup, I'm Ari, Steven Cash's little sister. We both share a love of writing. That's why I'm on this site. Hope you enjoy my writing! :) more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Story by Ari Cash



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ruse Ruse

A Poem by b.platte


ADIEU MY LOVE ADIEU MY LOVE

A Poem by Cerise