Chapter 6- Moved By You

Chapter 6- Moved By You

A Chapter by Aria

 

Chapter 6

Moved By You

 

 

     When his eyes opened, Jacob was still laying in the hay with the horses not too far from him. He didn't know if it was the heat or the stench that woke him. Putting his boots on, the memory of where his shirt had ended up was unclear to him. Jacob must have taken it off during the night from the heat. Straw that was sticking in his hair began to tickle his face. As Jacob took the pieces out, he spotted his shirt in the corner. The light from the sun seeping in through the cracks in the small stable, made the straw look golden and made him squint while he went for the shirt.  His arm went up over his eyes, bringing a shade to his vision. Jacob could see clearly where his garment had rested and went to get it.

 

      "Sir." A clearly embarassed voice made its way to Jacobs' ears. He looked up, the shirt in his hands and not on him, and saw the same girl from the night before. As soon as their eyes met, he put the shirt on and covered up. The girl kept shifting her eyes and face waiting for him to be decent.

 

      "Sir, there is food ready if you will have it. My mother requests your presence in the house if you so choose to eat." The girl, stood there, the small rays of light putting little sparkles on the strands of her hair. The dress she wore was green and simple but she looked beautiful.

 

     "My lady I am indebted to- - I will be there in just a moment." Jacob couldn't finish his words. How could he when he knew how close he was to her. How far he had come to reach this place, this time. The lady walked out of the stable and left the door open. The amount of light that flooded insided was blinding at first. But, he didn't lift his arm up to shield his eyes, not when he was looking at her.

 

     Jacob walked closer to the door, knowing what each step would bring. He could feel himself breathe and it wasn't as painful as it had been in the night. When Madelynne found him in the woods near her house, he was hurt and insisted he did not need her help. But all she saw was the blood seeping from his head and the fresh lashes on his back. She cared for him and hid him in the stable so that her mother would not be afraid. In the morning, she told her what had happened to him and her mother, felt it in her heart to let the boy stay.

 

     That night had been the best night he had had in the last 25 years. Seven years were spent searching, trying to find out where she had been taken next. Then, once she was found, the wait was the 18 years. And it was that soon because he could not wait any longer. Especially when she became betrothed to some Lord. They were in the stable and with every touch of her hand, every breath that floated to his skin, it took all he had not to return her touch and breathe her breath.

 

     "You will be alright, sir. Sleep here, I know tis not much, but tis safe." The glow from the candle flickered as a breeze blew in through the cracks. Madelynne stood up and left. The glow from the candle fading with each step she took and with the last step through the door, the moment was done.

 

     Before he reached the door, still keeping his eyes locked onto Madelynnes green dress, the horses behind him became unsteady and restless. Jacob turned to them and could not figure out what was wrong. Their cries grew louder and stronger and they were trying ot break free. Jacob went closer to them and took his sword from the hay stack. When he came to the first horse, its eyes were wide and black. But he saw nothing that would bring this sort of reaction to the horses. He neared the second horse and that is when he heard a voice behind him.

 

     "You are quite patient my boy."

 

      Seth opened his eyes and he was laying in his bed. The clock in his line of vision told him it was 9 a.m. How could he be up at this hour, he thought. Seth walked over to the bathroom, turning on the water for the shower. The reflection of his back in the mirror showed the scars from the lashes. The visions of Amelia in her green dress so fresh in his eyes. Closing them made the burn stronger.

 

       He was eating breakfast by 9:20 a.m., and by 10 he was out the door and on his way to the warehouse. Tony and Liam would be waiting for him there. Six hours past and he would have continued training but Liam wouldn't have it. Tony was even getting pissed off and tired. Mostly tired though. After another shower, the newly gained brusies and stabs were already healing, although it hurt like hell.

 

      Laying in his bed here, Liam and Tony came upstairs to talk some more. He hoped that they had information that they didn't feel like sharing with him when they were fighting downstairs. They didn't. Tony sat down in a chair and let his black and white, and sweaty if I may add, hair, fall to his brows. Liam stood against a wall and looked at Seth.

 

     "I'm not stopping. It's her." Seth said to Liams' stare. They had been here for almost 50 years and this Amelia Ashwood was the only one even close to the trail they had followed. With that, the three began to go over everything, making sure nothing was left out and that the trail they followed was the right one. Before long, the minutes turned into hours and the last 50 years were disected to infinite detail until Tony finally said he was starving. They had moved down to the small kitchen they had built downstairs and had eaten here and there. But, they were hungry and Liam began to cook. Seth, however, would not eat. Midnight was creeping along and he wanted to go home, besides, Monday morning meant work and he didn't want to walk into the station late again.

 

       The road he was driving on didn't lead him home that night. The car was parked in front of an apratment building and he found himself walking up the stairs and to a door. But when he knocked and knocked, louder and louder, no one answered. So, he dropped his head down and walked back to the steps that brought him there. When he reached the first landing, he heard the door open. His adrenaline rushed and he ran back up the stairs just in time to see the door closing. Before he said anything, the door opened again and Amelia stepped back out to check one more time. She had heard his footsteps but nearly went stumbling back inside her apartment when she saw his face.

 

     "Oh God." The words came out as a whisper from her lips and Seth walked towards her. Amelia didn't move though, even though she told herself she would if he tried to come near her.

 

    "Seth please. Stop moving." She didn't want to look at him so her eyes and face kept shifting, holding his gaze then dropping it as if it never existed. Of course, Seth didn't listen to her. Maybe a small part of him knew he should walk away, but he couldn't stop moving, not when he could almost feel her breath on his skin.

 

    "How can you ask me that? How can I stand here, right here with you and not be moved by you....moved to you?" His hands went to her face, stopping its shifting, her hands behind her back, never leaving the handle of the door. All he could feel was her breath on his skin and him returning a touch from long ago. She couldn't shift her eyes anymore, but she could close them. It was all the same to Seth. Her lips felt the brush of his against them and she took in a breath, holding it. His eyes closed now, knowing she had no idea how much that hurt him. Their foreheads touched instead and his tears trickled down to her cheeks.

 

      "Amelia, please." His hands ran through the hair behind her ears, grabbing on. "Remember me." The words resonating inside her mind and the tears steadily flowing from his eyes to hers weren't enough. Seems as though nothing he said was enough to bring her back to him. Her eyes opened and her hands let go of the door. She held on to his wrists and slowly pulled them away from her face. Shaking her head gently, she walked backwards inside her home, letting her grip slip from Seth's wrists.

 

        Seth was going to let her go. Let her go inside and fall asleep to those nightmares she has. When their connection was finally broken, Amelia's hands went back to the door and she began to close it, making sure she did not look at the man in her hallway. Once it shut, she regretted it. Her hands grasped the door knob and she tried to open the door but it didn't open. She wouldn't open it. She let go of it finally and walked backwards, then turned around to go to her room. But Amelia forgot to do one thing before she fell asleep that night.

 

 

    

     

 
 
 
Copyright © 2008 Anorin Arssinous


© 2008 Aria


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

305 Views
Added on August 27, 2008


Author

Aria
Aria

Gurnee, IL



About
I don't do well with talking about myself so I will simply say that my writing sets the stage for my imagination to play. But more than that, every piece I write, whether a poem or novel, is a bit of .. more..

Writing
Veritas Veritas

A Poem by Aria


Maybe Maybe

A Poem by Aria


A Thing A Thing

A Poem by Aria