Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Ariel-Marie
"

Just some backgroung information about Draenei and how the crash of their ship the Exodar effected the terrain. I'm not done with this yet. I wanna put some more stuff about the Draenei's past.

"

Prologue

 

 

 

 

The Azuremyst Isles:

Azuremyst Isle is one of the two main islands that make up the Azuremyst Isles. It is the island least affected by the crystalline shards. Remaining mostly untouched until recently, the land has changed a great deal due to the recent crash by a Draenei inter-dimensional generation ship. Powerful and ominous crystals dot the lands, and energy storms ripple through the sky.

 

Azuremyst Isle is a very peaceful island, filled with various inhabitants. Naga, Wildkin, Murlocs, Furbolgs, and other numerous creatures. Arcane storms strike this peaceful area outside the coast of Kalimdor. Evergreens and purple flowers cover the land.

 

Bloodmyst Isle (aka Silvergale Isle) is the second of the two major isles of the Azuremyst Isles. It lies North of the main island, Azuremyst Isle. The island is divided into two sections by a narrow strip of water.

 

It’s been ravaged by radiation from the crashed Draenei ship, the Exodar crystals dot the land, and the eerie red mist for which the isle was renamed covers everything. Even the great pine trees which cover the island have taken on a crimson tinge. The creatures of the isle have mutated, in some cases becoming hostile.

 

Very little history is known of Azuremyst Isles. Not visited often by the Night Elves and Tauren of Kalimdor due to their out-of-the-way location, the isles' indigenous creatures have been left to their own devices over the centuries. This is also the reason why the other races have not yet noticed the crashed dimensional ship, the Exodar, that lies scattered across the islands, now used by the surviving Draenei as a set of bases and outposts.

 

The Draenei:

Draenei are physically different from the Eredar of the Burning Legion. Draenei come in a wide variety of flesh tones, from ivory, aqua blue, dark blue, purple, and ebony. They do not, however, seem to exhibit the red skin of demonic Eredar. Draenei also lack the horns that demonic Eredar have on their faces they do have fangs however.

 

Draenei males have tendrils coming out of their chin and a fan-like forehead plate which rises and overlaps other forehead plates behind it and they have large tails.

 

The female of the species exhibits marked differences: rather than the forehead plates featured on the male, they have vaguely horn-shaped cranial extensions that extend over the upper cranium and end on either side of the crown. Female cranial tendrils sprout behind their pointed ears and are typically long enough to reach the shoulders and are thinner as well. Female Draenei tails are shorter and have a lower muscle density.

 

In both genders; the hooves are relatively large, are relatively tall, and their pupils blend into to their glowing blue eyes.



© 2010 Ariel-Marie


Author's Note

Ariel-Marie
I'd be happy with anything really. :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
Added on November 9, 2010
Last Updated on November 13, 2010
Tags: Draenei, wow, world of warcraft, ariel-marie, ariel, marie, melikia, draenei story, warcraft


Author

Ariel-Marie
Ariel-Marie

Peoria, AZ



About
uhhh.. I like to write?... And.. Draw? And play wow..? :D more..

Writing