Chapter One. -Our Story Begins

Chapter One. -Our Story Begins

A Chapter by Ariel-Marie
"

The 1st intoduction on Melikia, Matron Mabel, and Patron Delone. Not done with this chapter either. Going to add more next time I feel like writing.

"

Chapter one

-Our story begins

 

 

 

“What‘s this?” I whispered to myself . I pulled my knotted black hair over my shoulder and kneeled down over a dead Reef Crawler on the gray Darkshore beach. Picking up a sick, I poked at it’s hard shell, then flipped it over onto it’s back. It’s underbelly had a large incision, from a skinners knife maybe? Curiously I opened up the wound with the stick and examined it’s innards. “Seems normal to me, what would someone be looking for inside a Reef Crawler…” I wondered aloud. I stood up and looked around for the mysterious skinner but no one seemed to be close enough to have been responsible.

 

“MELIKIA!” An Elf, who I had heard too many times before, shouted my name. I spun around, my long untamed hair whipping me in the face. Mabel, the matron for the Darkshore adoption center, stood furious, maybe 10 yards away. Mabel never liked me ever since I arrived here as a new born about ten years ago. I glanced between the dead crab and the matron, of course she assumed the worst of me, that I responsible for the dead crab.

 

“WHAT DID YOU DO!” She really didn’t sound that curious, but then again she wasn’t really asking. Suddenly the matron rushed over and grabbed me by the wrist. “Let go of me!” I screamed as the Elf pulled me along towards the water ignoring my screams, a scorn look on her face.

 

I despised this woman. She hated me from the moment I arrived in her orphanage. She does unreasonable things to me under no circumstance, day in and day out. I think she tries to find more reasons to hate me everyday, watching, listening, following me closely. Does she blame me for the crash of my people’s ship? The calm wild life disturbed by the presence of our ship’s debris? Or is there more to this? Maybe my late parents and her weren’t on good terms before they past and I was sent here.

 

Despite her harsh and unreasonable personality, she is absolutely beautiful in appearance. Her creamy blue hair often tied back in a sloppy pony tail behind her long pointed ears. Her blue butterfly like marking placed right below her long slick eyebrows over her eyes. Her violet toned skin always seemed so radiant against the foggy gray colors of Darkshore. She always wore a simple blue with green trim sleeved robe that dragged a bit behind her when she walked. The only flaw she has is her blind right eye. It’s no longer a soft purple like her left so she wears a black satin eye patch that covers her unfortunate pale white eye.

 

She looked out to the water at the dark shaded figures of the Azuremyst Isles that lied in the distance and let a soft sigh escape from her lips. I glanced between Matron Mable and the Sea repeatedly while standing silent and shivering as the settle ice cold waves from the Veiled Sea washed upon the shore and dampened my hooves. The matron shifted her weight to her right foot and turned towards me. I let forth a sharp whine as she changed her grip on my wrist, and sunk her nails into my skin.

 

“What did you do to that crab!” She growled, pulling on my arm a few times for no apparent reason other then she was angry.

“Nothing! I swear! I found it only moments ago.” “Liar! I saw you cut that creature’s stomach open!”

“That’s not true! I found it that way!”

“Then why would you disturb it’s corpse by riffling through it‘s guts?!”

“I just wanted to know what someone would be looking for! Why they would cut it open!”

 

I pleaded as if I was pleading for my life, just in case I was. “LAIR!” She screamed. I yelped as we went splashing into the ice cold water. She dashed in, dragging me behind her.

 

“LET GO OF ME!” My screams seemed almost useless as she continued to run into the water, ignoring my pleading. My eyes flickered up to the shore, “HELP! PLEASE HELP!” Two young Elven men stood a short distance away from us, looking as if they were chuckling at my screams. I yelled toward the Inn. “Help me! Please! Anyone! Help!” A few Human women turned away and returned inside as if their break just ended and now were too busy. I glanced up at the adoption center just as Patron Delone was herding all the other children inside and slamming the door behind him.

 

Once we were waist deep in water she took her hand off my wrist and grabbed a hand full of hair from the back of my head and turned me so that I would face her. She leaned in close to my ear, “You are…” her voice trailed off, as if there were no words to describe me. Her nose cringed and her eye squinted then she dunked my head under the surface of the water. I screamed, and squirmed but couldn’t get lose of her grasp. Before long I grew weak from lack of air, and then I stopped moving and lost all feeling in my legs and arms. Becoming limp I just watched the watery sand beneath us ripple.

 

She pulled my head back up. I gasped for air and looked to the shore again to see if anyone heard my screams and was running in to help me. The shore was empty, silent, only the breeze and my chocking could be heard. I looked up at Mabel with a sincere look. Water dripping down my face covered up the tears that were streaming down as well. She looked down at me with the same look she had when she dunked me under. I felt such hatred for this woman, more now then ever that I just spit in her face.

 

She became enraged, wiping my saliva off with her free hand and flicking it off over the water. She turned back to me and shoved me back under the water for twice as long this time. All my struggling last time only wore me out more so. So this time I waited it out and floated under her grasp, motionless and light headed, waiting her to pull me back up. Then everything went black.

 

She dragged me towards the shore, being sure to keep my head under the water. I don’t know how long she held me there. It felt like hours before I was being thrown backward onto the beach. I gasped for air and turned on my side, coughing up water. She stood over me with the same cringed nose and squinted eyes, then made her way back to the center. Her wet robe dragging along behind her covered in sand.

 

“Hurry back for dinner.” She stated as if that was all she came to tell me. I watched her walk up the hill to the center. The door cracked open as Delone let her in. She stormed right past him and went towards her quarters. He stood there for a moment in the doorway, looking out to the shore, acting as if nothing happen and he was just enjoying the end of the sunset.

 

Patron Delone always supported Mabel on everything. He loved her. He asked her for her hand in marriage several times but she always refused. I don‘t know why she didn‘t like him, he was extremely handsome Elf. He had long dark navy hair, just the tips of his ears poking out. His skin is a dark purple color causing such contrast with his eyes, glowing an alluring gold color. He was extremely strong, men would kill for his toned body. He has such ease keeping in shape. He mostly wore a simple shirt with ragged pants. Women were always falling over themselves just to share a conversation with him. He was also very intelligent and kind. He could have any woman in the world, and he knew this, but the one who he wanted, didn’t want him back.

 

“Mel! Don’t stay out to late. You and I both know May won’t be saving any food for you if you miss dinner!” He shouted out to me before going back inside and closing the door behind him.

 

I fell backward, extremely weak and just laid on my back, gazing up at the night sky. I felt so alone. No one was going to help me. I needed to get out of this place. Next time the Matron won’t pull me back out of the water.



© 2010 Ariel-Marie


Author's Note

Ariel-Marie
:D a review would be awesome!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
Added on November 9, 2010
Last Updated on November 13, 2010
Tags: Melikia, world of warcraft, warcraft, ariel, ariel-marie, marie, wow, draenei story, draenei


Author

Ariel-Marie
Ariel-Marie

Peoria, AZ



About
uhhh.. I like to write?... And.. Draw? And play wow..? :D more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Ariel-Marie