Lonely

Lonely

A Poem by Aries1984
"

This is an interesting combo of two different pieces of work I had to do back in high school for my Poetry class. The third part I had to construct of my own wording.

"
By the bright leaves in the garden
Went to places pictured in books
I can't see you when I want to
But it doesn't matter about the looks.

Where I am now
Some distant place out there
By the old wood burning
Burned and blinded beyond compare.

With our old lives left behind us
Set away to the back
Sailed away under her own power
Old memories I lack.

Left behind us we are new now
Set to fly like a new dove
Burned in the garden
Is only the one I want to love.

© 2016 Aries1984


Author's Note

Aries1984
Back in high school I decided to take a poetry class because I needed to have an elective credit. I also was interested in learning about the different styles of poetry, some of the history and stuff like that, regardless of the fact that I already knew how to write poetry. We had an "open mic" in our classroom nearly every single day.

One of the assignments was we had to create a piece using one of our favorite songs at the time in which I picked a British band I liked back in 2000 called JJ72, I used their song Willow. I also had to pick out a poem that I enjoyed reading in our class. So I had to use lines from the song, a line from my poem of choice, and the rest was my own wording. And this is what it turned to.

I was working on this poem at home while listening to the song Willow. I titled it Lonely, not out of how I felt at the time, but out of the fact that I was home alone working on this piece. In fact the experience felt rather lovely.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting background to this poem. It has worked out rather well, I'd say.

Posted 7 Years Ago


This is awesome... I sure wish I had some things I wrote in high school. It's gotta be a neat feeling to look back and just remember where your mind was when you wrote this. Awesome!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Aries1984

8 Years Ago

I started writing poetry when I was about 13/14 years old. But didn't save any of my work from that .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

332 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 6, 2016
Last Updated on January 6, 2016