Butterfly of The Rain

Butterfly of The Rain

A Story by Arizona Sky
"

Based upon real thoughts that I have. A great butterfly of another world, leading me into it.

"

I let my thin fingers follow the rain drop, completely its course against the cold window as my finger touches the slightly dusted window sill. I stare. Not at the tears of the clouds. Not at the the rivers that form deep into my soul with thier magic powers. Not even at the great silver quilt that lies just outside a thin boundry of rules and obligations.

No. I stare at nothing. There is no analogy to fit where my eyes rest as although I see the images, they do not accompany me in the great journey my mind does enter. Although I know the journey is great I do not know the destination in which I will become in the end, when I finally return to the reality.

For now I just think with my legs rested under me and my finger still touching the cold glass. There are no exact words to state where my mind wanders in those moments. There are no actions or dances to express how I feel as I sit and just...believe. Yes believe. That word may work. But I also imagine. Imagine a world that is not me, yet is so much of me. I believe and imagine the world as it would be in my mind. Yes, that will have to do.

A butterfly flitters across my mind suddenly, breaking the steady current of the rain of thoughts. I blink, suddenly awake yet still entranced. My mind suddenly begins to fade of all memory of the thoughts I have just created. The great waterfall ceases to fall and the great clouds cease to let loose thier tears as they again learn to hide thier emotions.

Suddenly the butterfly comes to reality and I see it exit my mind, through the passage of my eyes. It's calm and fragile form melts through the liquid glass and burst through into the rain. My heart expands as it suddenly bursts into a million colors, spreading across the sky. I almost want to back away from the great light, and return to what I know is real. But I know I am the only one who can see this, and stay to watch.

Suddenly there is a butterfly to match every color, weaving and darting between drops of slowly falling light.

I reach out my hand, only feeling the cold glass for a moment, before reaching through and melting into the other world. I am surrounded by the greatness of the butterflies and thier magestic power. The colors create me a rainbow, lifting my new body into the sky to dance amongst the new waterfall of beauty. I am back in the world. I will never leave...

I fall. Almost immediately landing on the window sill, gasping. I am gone. I have left. Forever possibly. I throw my face at the window, searching...just searching for a butterfly. But one does not come. My cheek leaves the frozen window and I back away. I hear my name being called and sigh a deep sigh as I stare at the window more. I don't want to leave now. I want to enter back into that amazing world.

But it is impossible now. So I slowly turn and exit my room to again enter into the real world. The world they teach you to believe and exist in.

I leave in a sort of mellancholy mood. It is mixed though. Mixed with wonder and fasination. And yearning.

Yearning that maybe someday I will return.

© 2010 Arizona Sky


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great Detail and descriptions. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 11, 2010
Last Updated on December 31, 2010

Author

Arizona Sky
Arizona Sky

About
I'm a young teen very inspired by great authors, musicians and artists of any and all kinds. My brother inspired me to begin to write real stories (short stories) when he wrote a wonderful paper in .. more..

Writing