A Single Drop

A Single Drop

A Poem by Arizona Sky
"

Long poem. Poison of unknown. Sing drop to kill.

"

A single drop found its way into the deep folds of my heavy jacket. A single drop. That’s all that was needed to set the poison. A single drop seeped through the tiny holes that made the cotton fabric, turning the once brown color to an eerie white.

A single glance. That’s all I needed to know it was over. A single glance at the face that held itself in front of me. In that single glance, many emotions were detected. Fear, glee, nervousness, happiness, and the feeling of ultimate power.

A single person. A single person was all that was needed to create this weapon. A single person was all that was needed to control it’s power, it’s poison. A single person is all that is needed to destroy the enemy. In that case, the enemy was me.

A single breath. A single breath was all that was needed to set the poison. I tried so hard. I tried so hard not to breathe. But it is only human, to have to take even a single breath. A single breath. That’s all I took. And that was it. The one thing that had once kept me alive had now let me go.

A single blink. A single blink is all that I could manage before my eyes shut for the last time. During that single blink, I fell. A single blink was all that came before my last glance of the world.

A single laugh. A single laugh was all I heard as the world became blank. A vast darkness that never ended.

© 2010 Arizona Sky


Author's Note

Arizona Sky
Kind of dark. Unsual. But I write stuff like that. XD
Anyway, I think this might have been leading somewhere? Or maybe just was meant to be this long and open to thoughts and imagination.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on December 23, 2010
Last Updated on December 23, 2010

Author

Arizona Sky
Arizona Sky

About
I'm a young teen very inspired by great authors, musicians and artists of any and all kinds. My brother inspired me to begin to write real stories (short stories) when he wrote a wonderful paper in .. more..

Writing