Enough of Life

Enough of Life

A Poem by Arjun Singh

Why do you think I cannot do without you?

That I am on a path, too hard for me to traverse alone, and I can’t fathom reaching the other side without you aiding me.

You think my siblings were better, and I am no more than an inhuman wretch, distracted, bound to draw hearses,

So I ask you, did they have the talent to pen these verses?

Did they ever display intellect beyond what they read, what they were taught,

Did they ever make it apparent that they had an imagination, all wild and running amok, that they ever thought?

 

You accuse me for not being serious, just for wearing a smile,

What do you want of me, to drink poison out of a concealed phial?

Why is it that my confusion irritates you?

That my inability to perform despite calibre disgusts you?

You claim you have reason to despise me, to look at me with eyes filled with contempt,

That I’m an issue to the very same parents as my siblings, you could never have dreamt.

 

Don’t mistake me for another silly person at your feet for he seeks your knowledge,

I do crave it, but I’m at your feet for I hold you in high esteem, a fact you never took courage to acknowledge.

Don’t make me rise up and look you in the eye, ready to face you, return every blow,

You that did bitter seed of discord within me for my brother did sow.

You, that made me regret the fact that I could not match up to him,

And my parents could expect nothing from me, for my future was dim.

 

Why do you hate the fact that I long a life, something out of the ordinary?

Is it on my accord that you couldn’t live yours, for you were far inferior, with a life way more contemporary?

Why don’t you realize that within my massive chest beats a heart; that loves laughs and fears?

That beyond his massive frame and build, this seemingly tough lad does shed tears?

 

You look at me as if I was a prick, a pain in the side,

While you preach life’s golden up to the line that childhood from adolescence does divide,

Yet you bar this 15 year old from grinning as if he commits a crime?

And on moments such as these, I do realize; that I’ve had enough of life, enough perhaps to last me a lifetime…..

© 2015 Arjun Singh


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"That my inability to perform despite calibre disgusts you?"- i loved this!(Parents should distinguish between performance and calibre)
and i agree..its like a teenager recognizing the inner-battles of another....(me a teenager too!!!!! I know how it itches)
You spoke my heart out!!!!!!!
I have a poem with the same theme myself and i wrote when i had been feeling the theme...

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Arjun Singh

5 Years Ago

Yeah, I know what that feels like, but tbh I wasn't really 'accusing' my parents of anything. This a.. read more
NEHA

5 Years Ago

Oh that was just fine!!!
I don't review writings to be commented on....
Arjun Singh

5 Years Ago

Ohh.. Well that's rare
Thanks!



Reviews

"That my inability to perform despite calibre disgusts you?"- i loved this!(Parents should distinguish between performance and calibre)
and i agree..its like a teenager recognizing the inner-battles of another....(me a teenager too!!!!! I know how it itches)
You spoke my heart out!!!!!!!
I have a poem with the same theme myself and i wrote when i had been feeling the theme...

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Arjun Singh

5 Years Ago

Yeah, I know what that feels like, but tbh I wasn't really 'accusing' my parents of anything. This a.. read more
NEHA

5 Years Ago

Oh that was just fine!!!
I don't review writings to be commented on....
Arjun Singh

5 Years Ago

Ohh.. Well that's rare
Thanks!
A fifteen year old is far too young to be so cynical....and yet, the emotions are so real. A very empowering write. It sounds like a rant against parents who play favorites. I liked it. Lydi**

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Arjun Singh

7 Years Ago

Thanks a load..!
Honestly, most of what I've written has been rather heat-of-the-moment.
read more
i agree with Marie...tighten up the lines...but i do like the subject...and feel there is something to be said here about ourselves...i relate in one sense....i am a writer and a teacher, and i don't take myself too seriously at all, yet i take what i do very seriously...

and just because we do it with a smile, doesn't mean we don't mean it.

j.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Arjun Singh

8 Years Ago

Yes...u r right... thnk u fr d review, nd I'll try nd improve... :)
A very young poem. Potental that you haven't reached yet. Try a simpler subject, and don't use ore words than you have to.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Anger and rage of you as you search out your place within the scope of life. Sounds like the raging hormones of youth. And this too shall pass. Nice format and flow.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Very nice Arjun. Annoyance, disappointment all together.

Posted 8 Years Ago


A lot of anger and frustration here. Nice work

Posted 8 Years Ago


I am a little confused with your theme. Is this a plea for help or an act of rebellion? I was a little confused when I read it. Still, you have a strong voice. You are doing quite well.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Arjun Singh

8 Years Ago

Its more like a little of both, actually.....
I was very angry and distracted when i wrote th.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

560 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 20, 2015
Last Updated on June 20, 2015

Author

Arjun Singh
Arjun Singh

India



About
Just another teenage, 18 year old guy trying to voice himself.... More of a poet than a storyteller Not really sure if I am good or bad at it.... more..

Writing