Mission

Mission

A Chapter by Arsenic Nemesis
"

Vampires are just her FAVOURITE beasts... Bob-bee is simply too fun to write about. Here is the second document in her many series of mishaps, events and assignments.

"

A servant of the moon, of the inky sky, of the diamonds encrusted in the blanket of the above was she. Once again the calling of the night had sent her, the assassin messenger, out on another mission. “Deliver the dangerous artefact onto those who oppose me, and your reward shall be fruitful” her master had said.

Well, that was simply an offer she could not refuse! Although, the “fruitful” remark had confused her at first, making her believe that she was going to receive a mere handful of grapes as her prize; and as much as she loved them, a pomegranate would have been more to her taste. Still, she shook it off and moved onto her assignment, not leaving until the agreed hour �" until the dead of night.

The white light of charcoal lampposts splashed onto the pavement, threatening to give her away with a single step into the laminated pocket. So, she avoided it by sticking right up against the line of bushes, which groped at her with their splintered claws. One piece snagged the edge of her black jumper and tugged, like a child begging her not to depart. She cursed and broke its arm mercilessly. “There’s nothing more I hate than clingy vegetation,” she commented impassively.

She glanced to her side, finding a familiar stretch of field, embraced by a circle of lean trees. The park was what separated the two neighbourhoods. Her estate was that of those who depended on the sunlight; vitamin D was important after all!

But, the other domain belonged to the creatures of the night. Pesky werewolves, marking their territory like there’s no tomorrow! They would howl to the moon, not because they were werewolves and that’s what they did, no, she knew it was to wake everybody else up. Ignorant lumps. Then there were the night washerwomen, trying to steal away with men and drown them; not too friendly as one would imagine. There were a few more in this neighbourhood that she couldn’t care less about. But, there was one that aggravated her the most...

Vampires.

A lot of teenage girls at school would swoon over them, being so dark and mysterious and �" to her �" far too stuck up their own arses. Had they ever been bitten by a vampire before!? No! Had she? No, actually... but she couldn’t picture it being at all pretty.

There came a distinctive chill in the air and she couldn’t help but quake slightly. Then, from the shadows, emerged a tall, cloaked figure with short hair and pale white skin. She froze. As soon as she gave a negative thought about them one was upon her, typical. Would she feel fangs pop through her skin now? If she lived, would her neck have a crick in it? Now that she thought about it, she wouldn’t be surprised if a few vampire victims had to wear a neck brace. If vampires had such immense strength �" which, they really, really did �" then when they would yank their victim’s head to once side, surely wouldn’t it get a wee twinge if not snap clean in half?

Honestly, some people just did not think these things through.

A click of heels echoed through the semi-silent street �" well, it couldn’t be silent if one could hear the footfalls of another now, could it? When she peered through the veins of the shrubbery, she could see a blonde woman take confident paces up to the vampire. “Hey,” she purred, lips tilting upward as she twirled a lock of hair about her finger.

No words came from the undead creature as he stepped forward and immediately crashed his lips onto hers. The girl in hiding gagged and shuffled backwards, covering her mouth with one hand, whilst the other was busy carrying a tiny, tin box. “Isn’t this technically necrophilia?” she grumbled from behind her hand.

The vampire’s eyes shot open, blazing red as they looked into the bushes. She cursed, knowing she was found.

For a moment, their eyes actually met and she could feel him already, inside her head, trying to entice her to join them. She pulled a face of pure disgust, turned and spat at the ground. “Ugh,” she rasped, “just no

He shrugged and gently cupped the blonde’s cheek, titling her face away and exposing her neck. Then, he brought his lips closer, looked up at the one in hiding and smirked. Firmly, he bit.

Ohhh,” she pointed at them, an eye twitching as she glared, “That’s just to get back at me about the neck brace thing, isn’t it?”

Feverishly, the vampire drank and his victim fell limp in his arms. In the shadows, she shuffled away and went about her business; hell, she wasn’t going to help! Anyway, vampires were under strict rules for having dwelling so close to a day-lit zone. If he drank over the limit, then he would get punished for it; maybe a £60 fine or something, she didn’t know nor wanted to know, their rules were their rules. This is why she could get away with murder here. Well, not literally. Would she actually kill someone? She’s wanted to before when she was angry, but most of the time she’d just declare war. Like when she fought the troll’s last winter �" now that was fun.     

Eventually, she came into the darker part of neighbourhood and as far from that perverted undead blood-sucker as possible. Here, there were no more lampposts to light the way or anything for her to hide behind, unless she invaded someone’s front garden to get to something.

The houses were old and eerie, with flaky wooden planks constructing them and arched windows pressed into tight frames. Each of the roofs curved to a sharp peak, some of which with terrifying stone gargoyles, their jaws wide open and talons raised. All of these buildings had a set of stairs leading up to the ancient entrances with brass knockers and gold doorbells. The air reeked of perfume, making her choke and gag the entire walkway. “Stupid things are so rich they can afford body spray to spray the atmosphere with,” she complained through ragged coughs. Not to mention that is was insanely freezing; to the point that she wouldn’t be surprised if she saw a werepolar-bear.  

Eventually, she came up to the house she was assigned. She glanced up and down the street, there was no one present, but here eyes were always watching. It didn’t matter if you couldn’t see them, they could always see you.

With brisk strides, she marched up the steps and rang the doorbell. A ruckus came from inside the house. She cocked a brow and titled her head to one side, green eyes glistening with curiosity as several moans and creeks resonated through the household and out. Was it just her, or were they moving furniture in there?

Soon, the door was thrown open and a panting vampire girl with long, dark hair and pallid skin was presented to her. The vampire regarded her with a frown and then sighed, leaning against the door frame. “Thank cluck, it’s you” she breathed, “what do you want this time, Bob-bee?”

The dark haired girl smirked and held out the tin box to the vampire. “For you, beautiful Steph. I felt bad about sending a slug with your undead birthday card-“

“You mean the letter from school you folded up to use as a card?”

“-and I just wanted to make it up to you,” Bob-bee thrust the box at her and darted off down the street. She waved behind her merrily. “Don’t bother thanking me, it was my pleasure!”

Steph blinked after the retreating teen and then stared at the dented, tin box. She shook it about, the dull coffer rattling in response. A pout came across her blood-red lips and she shrugged, carefully removing the lid with her deadly fingernails. Then, she shrieked and called after Bob-bee, who instantly came running back.

The girl was still jogging on the spot as she returned to the vampire. “What’s up?”

At this, Steph was appalled. “Bob-bee, these are toenails you freak!”

“Oh God, yeah, sorry!” Bob-bee exclaimed. She rummaged in her trouser pocket, tongue poking out of her mouth and playing with the loop about her lip. Then, she grinned and pulled out a small, glass pot. She placed it generously into Steph’s box. “I forgot to give you the nail polish too, see you later!”

Again, Bob-bee took off, positively howling as she bolted down the street. The enraged vampire pursued her, slowed down only by her waving arms and dancing toes as she screamed at her. Soon enough, her older brother came out, rolled his violet eyes and grabbed hold of her. He threw his weightless sibling over his broad shoulder and carried her coolly inside. She kicked and screamed, pointing after the “insufferable human” as she made her quick escape.  

Bob-bee ran on with a grin that could only be described as “physically unchallengeable” as she congratulated herself for getting yet another vampire with her fantastic gift. There was a little imp inside of her that actually hoped that Steph the vampire would paint those toenails. Obviously, Bob-bee didn’t want them and neither did the plumbing at home, so she had to give them to someone. What better way to insult a haemoglobin gurgling beast than to offer him or her cold, hard, cheesy nails?      

Personally, the teenage girl thought she was an absolute genius for even coming up with the idea; let alone putting it into action. The best part? So far, none of the vampires have ever got her back! They didn’t know where she lived or who was important to her! Sure, they could read her mind, but most probably were in so much shock that they completely forgot they could even do that.

And Steph was always the best to get. No matter how many hideous and revolting gifts she would receive, the worst she would do to Bob-bee was shout at her. That was it. In a strange way, the two of them had become friends. Not that Steph would admit it, being the rich vampire she was, she was far too proud to. But Bob-bee was not afraid, why? Because it only annoyed her even more.  

Soon, she came to the end of the darkened estate. Once in a gathering of street-light, Bob-bee leapt into the air, hands held high and legs tucked right below her. “Score fifty-seven for the living side of the Lakewood Community!” she screeched with glee. She whirled around to the night side, pulled at the bottom of her eye and stuck her tongue out. Then, she made her way to the comforts of her own �" warm �" home.

 

The next day, Bob-bee was waltzing indolently to college with Darren, the boy who had taken a snowball for her in the battle with the trolls. She named him “Blonde Darren” since she knew too many Darrens and had to tell them apart with their hair colours.

He was busy talking about some game he invented involving throwing beanbags and smacking them with hockey sticks; the new Olympic event. Bob-bee had zoned in and out the entire time, far too tired to cope with another day at college. She’d only just started it a few weeks ago and although she loved it, early morning starts were a killer after being off for so long due to leaving school.

Suddenly, she stopped. Blonde Darren halted also and questioned her well being. There, walking past her was the vampire’s victim from the night before. Wrapped securely around her was a neck brace. Bob-bee snorted and grabbed Darren’s shoulder for support. “Bob-bee, you know I love you and everything,” Darren said softly, “but what on Earth is wrong with you?”

Bob-bee patted his shoulder softly and managed to pick up her pin-stripe clad legs, walking down the street, slightly hunched over from snickering. “Oh, life~”

“It sucks?” Darren quizzed, catching up with her, hands tucked in his pockets.

Bob-bee smirked and glanced back at the woman. She burst out laughing and a tear came to her eye. “It’s just so beautiful!” she yelled dramatically.

Darren stared at her for a while, and then carried on without her. “Bob-bee, from one friend to another, get help”



© 2010 Arsenic Nemesis


Author's Note

Arsenic Nemesis
Bob-bee is a very interesting being, I find her quite fun to write about, watching all the things she gets up to from my seeing-oven in the twelfth realm... Something I quickly whipped up whilst listening to "Spokesman" by Goldfinger. Mistakes and the like may turn up here and there. Please, mortals, enjoy this second document about this strange girl...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love your writing, nothing is ever what you expect to read !

Posted 13 Years Ago


Again, amazing. Can't wait to read more.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Haha, that is sooo something my friends would say to me!! I love your writing. It is just awesome. I love how you put the vampires victum back in it btw. Genuis way to end the chapter. Anyways keep going. Message me or something when you are done with the next chapter!

~Skulli

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

330 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 10, 2010
Last Updated on December 10, 2010


Author

Arsenic Nemesis
Arsenic Nemesis

Redcar, United Kingdom



About
MOVED. NOW http://www.writerscafe.org/Paranoid%20Maze more..

Writing