The Whispers I Get At Night Part 1 Of The Jack the Ripper Short Story Series

The Whispers I Get At Night Part 1 Of The Jack the Ripper Short Story Series

A Story by Artemis Lykaios Nightshade
"

Jack the Ripper short story series

"

I walk down the cobblestones of London in the evening; rumors of a killer called Jack the Ripper haunts this very city of White Chapel. But I am not worried about the new, myserious killer on the loose no, I am worried about these whispers I keep hearing every night when I go home at night.

"Dead,dead,dead you soon will be. Ripped apart by my hands of steel. Silent you shall be when death comes after you." The whipers inside my head tell me, making me afraid to ever sleep at night. Like a little child who needs a candle to scare away the monsters who might take them away.

I am but a thirty-four year old doctor named Ian. I shouldn't be afraid of these death-threat whispers, I shouldn't need a chandle at night, and I should be able to sleep peacfully at night. Unfortunally those will never happen. The more I try and sleep, the more death-threat whispers I get, telling me that death is on its way.

***

"Ok madam, I need you to take a deep breathe. In and out, in and out." I soothed her, trying not to scare her for she's about to give birth for the very first time. Her husband held her hand as she pushes her body towards me and takes deep breathes like I showed her.

She was sweating along with her husband and I too was sweating from both hard work and the fear of the whsipers at night. I know this isn;t a good thing to think about when with a paitent, for they will ask "what's the matter?" and I'll have to explain truthfully. That, what I would have to tell them, would scare them frightfully.

"When is it coming out?!" Her husband asked frantically worried as he squeezes his wife's hand tighter, telling her that he isn't going anywhere until this was over.

I smiled a huge smile and told them that its done and they have a daughter, a beautiful, healthy daughter.

I washed the little baby, wrapped her in a clean cloth and held her out to for her mother to hold and love.

They named her... Evangeline.

***

Why couldn't night-time come... never? I am dreading the night more and more. The sun is setting and I am not home yet.

The cool breeze chilling my spine as I walk down the poverty part of London. All the people begging me for money, food, clothing. Being generous, I give them those things they beg and require.

I made it to my home, my wife and children are asleep and I have to work still. Sitting on my chair in front of my desk, I take out my quill pen and began to work on the papers my client sent me a few days ago.

Before I knew it and this has happened before, the candles blew out, the breeze then became a strong wind, blowing the papers away, the whispers become a screeching sound of a woman cursing you! Oh dear lord above help me!!!

Then it stopped. Silence comes and reigns over, everything is still, absoutaly still.

I went over to pick up the papers when... I see a shadow, of a man.

I became numbed, paralyzed with fear, afraid to turn around to see who it was, what the whispers I get at night were coming from.

"Your time is here, death is here. Blood shall spill from your very veins, ripped apart I said you were going to be. Here is your time, the dead awaits you." The whisper said amking me shake with terror.

***

Still looking down from the shadows, I see the silhouette raise a knife above and upon me, ready to strike any moment, thus ending my life here forever.

I closed my eyes tight for a second then opened them. Getting up in a flash and twisting my body around, I was then, face to face with none other than the White Chapel murderer, Jack the Ripper.

"You're...You're the White Chapel murderer. Jack the Ripper!" I said, pointing a shaking finger towards him.

"And many more." He smiled a cruel evil smile as he lashes down his weapon of terror, trying to kill me as he once try and do before.

I dogded, I ran, I cried out for my wife and chidlren to run while I, try and lure Jack the Ripper towards the night-shift police.

I hear my wife and children scream in terror as the neighborhood friends come about and comfort them while thier brothers, husbands, fathers, uncles, and male cousins all went out to help me and capture Jack the Ripper.

***

I am trapped, there is no way out. A wall blocked my way and Jack is now right behind me. His killer smile making my knees shake, my heart pound, and my breathe nearly impossible to control. I feel as if I am about to faint right here and now.

I had no weapons to protect me, even if I did, this man, killer is an expert when it comes to knifes and swords I believe. Closing my eyes and breathing my last, I wait for death to take me away.

I hear the foot-steps of the killer, Jack the Ripper, his chuckling becoming a menicing laughter as he raises the knife, preparing to be lashed down upon my flesh.

"Say good-bye life and hello death." Jack said as I repeated the words in a whisper and I also whispered, "Take care my lovely wife and children, protect one another as I did to you.

The knife lashed down again and again. I fell to the hard ground and wait until I breathed my last.

***

My name is Ian. I'm a thirty-four year old doctor, with a wife named Clarissa, and two children named: David and Marie. I am now dead, killed by the White Chapel murderer, Jack the Ripper.

© 2012 Artemis Lykaios Nightshade


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoyed this, it's definitely my thing!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

401 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 9, 2012
Last Updated on April 9, 2012
Tags: Jack the Ripper, Murder, London, Whispers, Fear, PT 1

Author

Artemis Lykaios Nightshade
Artemis Lykaios Nightshade

TX



About
Who am I? Just your regular teenage girl with many likes and dislikes. Who dreams of doing the impossible. She lives in her dreams and nightmares. She is a person who dares the readers to read the une.. more..

Writing