Chapter III: Olympus

Chapter III: Olympus

A Chapter by Sheik

          I enter the golden gates of Olympus, catching a glimpse of Iris dancing on her rainbow. Hermes is there to greet me but he’s busy messing up a head full of black hair. I walk past him unnoticed into the palace.

          My chamber is very lavish. I go in and change into a pretty dress. I’m brushing my hair in front of the mirror when someone knocks on the door.

          I open it to see Apollo. He strolls in and flops onto some cushions. “Hello sister.”

          “It’s been a long time,” I say, sitting down with him. “I haven’t seen you since you abandoned me at Troy.”

          “You’re over that, right?”

          “No. How can I be? That was our home.”

          He sighed. “You’ve grown up since then Artemis. I can see it. For years you’ve been hunting on Crete. I thought you would be over this.”

          “Never.”

          “Then how are we supposed to live together again? Quit holding this against me.”

          “Live with you? I’ve already found a better partner. Someone I can trust. His name’s Orion.”



          There is a banquet in the evening. While Apollo plays music I sneak away from him to a balcony, overlooking the dark clouds. A shadowy strand of hair wisps across my face in the cold wind. I hear a nightingale sing a song in the distance that is new to my ears, suddenly making me forget my troubles, but sadly it fades.

          Just when my heart is overpowering me a hand grasps my shoulder. It’s Hermes. I haven’t spoken to him since he found me alone in Troy.

          “I’m sorry I missed you when you arrived,” he says. “You know how much of a daydreamer I am, if you can remember.”

          “Not really.”

          “Have you talked with your brother?”

          “Yeah, he’s not happy with me. I haven’t forgotten what he did at Troy.”

          “He isn’t one to take back his actions.”

          “I don’t care. We’ve drifted apart since then,and that’s not what he wants.”



© 2022 Sheik


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
Added on May 5, 2013
Last Updated on November 1, 2022
Tags: moon, stars, artemis, apollo, hermes, ares, greek, mythology


Author

Sheik
Sheik

TX



About
I write lyrics, fiction, and fanfiction. I use dark and romantic themes. more..

Writing
Chapter I: Betrayal Chapter I: Betrayal

A Chapter by Sheik