Chapter VIII: Secrets

Chapter VIII: Secrets

A Chapter by Sheik

          Atem moved his attention to Kiya. “You live outside the palace,” he said. “It’s more fun out there. Father doesn’t let me go often.”

          “I’ve never seen you or Mana before. Although I spend most of my time playing in the dirt with friends. That’s one reason why,” said Kiya.

          “Atem and I are both only childs,” said Mana. “Do you have any siblings?”

          The question made Kiya wince.

          “I had a little brother, until two nights ago,” she said, more uncomfortable than ever. “He’s dead now.”

          “What happened?” Mana blurted out.

          Salih flashed into her head and her throat ran dry. Spreading his lies even further than Seto and Raja wouldn’t do him any good. If Bakura started talking, it would all be over.

          Atem was staring at her suspiciously. There was only one way out of this.

          Wrenching her eyes for tears, she flooded her mind with thoughts of Kheti. Their hug before bed, wrestling in the sand, telling ghost stories. Anything.

          She ran away sobbing. Mana ran after her, leaving a shocked Atem.

          Going through the courtyard, Kiya hid behind a sphinx. Mana passed it and entered the palace. Kiya was alone. She closed her eyes in relief.

          “You lost Mana,” said Atem, wandering around the sphinx.

          Kiya’s eyes shot open. He had followed her. Should she run again? No, that would be too strange. Instead, she sat down and wiped at her tears.

          “It’s okay Kiya. I won’t ask anything.” He sat next to her. “I’ll stay with you.”

          She wanted to be alone and practice magic. Not stuck in this awkward situation. Her father’s freedom depended on her.

          “I just want to be alone,” she said, looking at him. Then she saw his eyes. So violet and handsome. “I mean with you.”

          His eyes widened. “I thought you were just saying you want to be alone.”

          “What? No, that would be silly…”

          “I know what you said.”

          Her expression was pained. “Fine. I changed my mind because your eyes are so handsome.”

          He blushed. He hadn’t thought about it, but she was beautiful. She had long auburn hair and amber eyes. “Is that a bad thing?” he asked.

          Yes, she thought. I don’t have time to be distracted by you. And I can’t flirt with royalty. I should know my place.

          “No,” she said. “Is it?”

          “Not when you can get away with it,” he answered, glancing to the side.




© 2022 Sheik


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
Added on June 11, 2013
Last Updated on November 1, 2022
Tags: kiya, salih, seto, yugioh, atem, pharaoh, ancient egypt, murder, thieves, desert, egyptian, revenge, magic


Author

Sheik
Sheik

TX



About
I write lyrics, fiction, and fanfiction. I use dark and romantic themes. more..

Writing
Chapter I: Betrayal Chapter I: Betrayal

A Chapter by Sheik