The Fool

The Fool

A Poem by Su' Nacnetaf

They call me a dreamer
for they cannot see my determination
as soon as I speak they differ
the normal people with lack of ambition
Am I not the one in charge of my life?
then let me be the one I want to be
it doesn't matter if my goals are rife
after all, my life is still on me.

They say I'm the fool
they claim to be so clever
with their mouths full of stool
do you think they'll reach their dreams ever?

© 2010 Su' Nacnetaf


Author's Note

Su' Nacnetaf
Ignore bad grammar, if any.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting....expressing your emotions....good work....keep writing. I liked it very much. Dale

Posted 9 Years Ago


sometime you need to use the "real" word and not the politically correct version. "Stool"?? who chews on a chair's leg? - chuckling here - was it chrome? a wooden or vinyl seat? - surely not leather?

Hmmm?

Posted 9 Years Ago


Su' Nacnetaf

9 Years Ago

suffice to say it is of organic origin
Chris

9 Years Ago

least you smiled...
It's true. Us passionate people are taken as fools. We have dreams that others don't. This has such a great meaning to it. If only those others could understand...

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is great...something a lot of people can relate to

Posted 13 Years Ago


I absolutely love "with heir mouth full of stool" nice way to word that! Great poem!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Another nice poem , I find it specially so because I am currently in this situation and I know exactly how it feels . The only change if any that I can say is for the line '..with their mouths full of stool..',it sound a bit odd , may be it can changed to '..they think they are so cool..' or something like that , but then again you are absolutely right , people do talk a lot of s**t , so from that point of view no modification is required as that would tamper the feelings expressed in the poem .

Posted 13 Years Ago


I loved this! It sounds a little sarcastic yet so full of a deeper meaning~ you speak of pursuing your life as you please and fulfill it as you will, because IT IS your's and no one else's to judge~ wonderful write~ =) 110 if I could~

Posted 13 Years Ago


I enjoyed this piece, there is a stifling we experience in this society and it is that of our dreams. I wish people would persue and do more of what they love, kindness would be a result and kindness always goes a long way. You have profound thoughts.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a great pieces. The rhyming is a bit off with "ambition" and "determination" but aside from this it is exceptional.

Its hard to be a chaser of dreams, optimisim is not a quality that is smiled upon in todays socieity and it makes me sad.

I am a dreamer, but i have the power to make those dreams reality and i work every day to do so. Its a struggle but its well worth it. I am unique, I am my own person, and so are you, and it is good to see someone standing up in defence of this right and proudly saying "I am ME, and you will not change ME" instead of cowering and conforming.

Kudos, great write

Posted 14 Years Ago


People are quick to judge, especially if they see something amiss. But what is amiss; if we all look and see things differently? A handful of dreams in the palm of one's hand may seem not much but dirt to another. ... Only we can ascertain the value of our own dreams.

Truly the fool who wastes his time with other's dreams, neglecting his own.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

809 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 29, 2009
Last Updated on August 6, 2010

Author

Su' Nacnetaf
Su' Nacnetaf

About
You Are Romanticism You are likely to see the world as it should be, not as it is. You prefer to celebrate the great things people do... not the horrors they're capable of. For you,.. more..

Writing
Someday Someday

A Poem by Su' Nacnetaf



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..