Samantha

Samantha

A Story by Su' Nacnetaf

 

Once upon a time, not too far from now, at northern France by a place called Rouen, there was a young little girl named Samantha. Her skin was as white as the very own snow, her eyes of the most beautiful green and her hair of the darkest black.

 

She was living with her uncle, Armand, after her parents' death, still too young to live by herself. Samantha used to get mad with her uncle, when he used to sat by her bed, because he told her stories about the world's beauty, for her, she won't ever see. He talked repeatedly of something he called "sun" and how can a person go blind if someone stared to it for long time. She wondered if she had seen the sun before, and if so, if that is all she ever had.

 

Samantha never went to school during the time she was living at Armand's house, he sat hours and hours just to talk with her, whenever he could though.

 

Every day the same, every night the same. Until one day... until one day when Armand did not arrived home. Samantha stayed sitting at the parlor's couch, hearing the ticking pounding taps of a second that the clock made, every time slower and harder, stressful and annoying the "tic-toc tic-tocs" made by the clock.

 

She stayed sitting, wondering her uncle's whereabouts. Her mind did not stayed calmed, she was quite concerned, afraid. She started mumbling with her lips and mouth "Je suis bon, je suis bon, je serai bon et puis nous serons encore comme hier" she said once and again.

 

Hours passed through the clock as water from a river, and poor little Samantha waited patiently for Armand to arrive. But he never did. She then began to question herself if she was such a burden for her uncle, such a burden, that Armand could not manage the work.

 

Samantha was sad, she tried the hardest to be the better of a girl and still, she felt like such a burden.

 

Against her own will, she began to cry, she had her eyes wide open, lifeless, empty, all moistened by her tears. She was drowned so deep into her sad emotions, a pool of bad omens and darkened thoughts, that she did not heard to the people outside screaming and running, the cries and the sound of crashing into the earth. The clashes and banging of metal, the war.

 

Samantha stayed so focused on the "tic-toc tic-tocs" made by the clock, that nothing else mattered.

 

Poor little Samantha, she waited, and she waited with her heart shattering slowly by itself inside. She could thought of nothing else but she being alone, not in the house, but in the whole world, she knew of no one else, she did not had anybody else, alone with herself in the very darkness she ever knows.

 

How sad, a whole world she had never seen, falling apart right in front of her, and all that little Samantha could hear was the "tic-toc tic-tocs" made by the clock. Waiting for the never-coming moment of her uncle's arrival.

 

Eventually, the city fell into nothing, and so the house with little Samantha inside, all that remains is ashes now but, still it can be heard the ticking pounding "tic-toc tic-tocs" of the seconds made by the clock, followed by the vague sound of her voice mumbling "et puis nous serons encore comme hier".

© 2009 Su' Nacnetaf


Author's Note

Su' Nacnetaf
Ignore bad grammar, if any.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

286 Views
Added on December 30, 2009
Last Updated on December 30, 2009

Author

Su' Nacnetaf
Su' Nacnetaf

About
You Are Romanticism You are likely to see the world as it should be, not as it is. You prefer to celebrate the great things people do... not the horrors they're capable of. For you,.. more..

Writing
Someday Someday

A Poem by Su' Nacnetaf