Anna - Prologue

Anna - Prologue

A Story by ~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair
"

She had a dandelion crown in her hair. *Rewritten 02/2017

"

Anna

 

They told she's gone forever. The girl next door. Anna, that was her name. Her hair was like plaited wheat, eyes like two sad doves. They moved to that abandoned house at the end of the street. I did not saw them often outside. Once I heard her singing. 'Little Anna, don't cry my angel. Mommy's here'. 

 

Once I knocked on their door and it took a long time before she came up to open the door. 'Hi! I thought you'd like to go to the river with me?' I asked. A smile made her pale face to glow. 'I have to ask permission from dad first, just a moment' she said. Soon his father came and spoke with me. He seemed tired. 'Just take care of her' he said. 

 

After that day we spent many happy and sunny days on a riverside. She told about her mother who had passed away year ago. She had some disease that had undermined her quickly. Anna told what songs her mother used to sing to her at bedtime. We made a wreath of dandelions on her golden hair. She was good at drawing and once I asked her to draw a picture of herself. 'Why?' she seemed surprised. I went red as a tomato. 'I want a memory of you' I said. She smiled wide and nodded. 'But I want favor as a return' she said. 'Okey, what do you want?' I said. 'I let you know when the time is right' she said smiling. 'I'll tell you when my drawing is complete'.

 

* * *

 

Fall arrived and then came the first cold day of late autumn. I had not seen her in a week. Eventually I went to their house to visit. Anna's dad came to open the door. He looked like he had been crying recently. 'Hi, where's Anna?' I asked. 'Anna, she was hospitalized yesterday morning. She had this congenital heart defect. She passed away last night. I'm sorry. I had sent you a word.' I was in shock and barely able to speak. 'But - I never got it, your word I mean'. Anna's dad shook his head. 'I am really sorry for that, lad. She did not want to tell you about it but she was going to meet you before she had a seizure. By the way she left this for you'. He handed the letter to me. The letter was dated on that yeasterday morning, before she was hospitalized.

 

 

 

 Dear Peter,

 

When you are reading this letter I’ll be gone forever. There’s something that I haven’t told you. My mom died of cancer and dad, I think he probably never got over it. I’ve always had a poor health and I’ve congenital heart defect. It broke my mom and dad’s heart when they heard of it. It’s hard when you have given so little time. So little time with my parents and in particular, with you Peter. I never thought that I would be able to find love before I die. It’s my seventeen birthday when I am writing this letter. These six months have been the happiest time of my life.

 

Please don’t be sad because I’m gone. I have been get used to the idea for a long time. I know you have not and I’m really sorry for that, but I just could not tell you. I did not want to spoil any of the last few moments with you. I asked a favour as return you remember? Keep an eye on my father, will you? I’m worry about him. And second I would like to plant a tree on the riverside to where we always spent time. In remembrance of me.

 

By the way here’s the drawing you asked for. Hope you like it.

 

Try to understand. I’m gonna miss you and I’ll always love you.

 

Maybe we meet again some day.

 

 

Love,

 

Anna

 

 * * *



Twenty years later I visit the riverside and I sit under your tree. It has grown quite big and strong already. It’s so peaceful here. At the foot of the tree is a sign that reads in brief;

 

 

‘Like the roots of this tree you were strong in your life’



Read more - Part one


"The Dove and the Swan"

http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/Arwen-Evenstar/1891072/

© 2017 ~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was beautiful. You said so much in such a short story. It was truly remarkable the way you made characters in this story seem that vibrant and strong. Very few stories have made me think and ponder as yours has. It really takes the meaning of life into a whole new light. A phenomenal read. I just can't stop raving about how much meaning you packed into such a small story. Kudos to you. You have a great gift my friend. Continue your writing as much as possible. It is so very good, loving, warm and kind.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair

9 Years Ago

My humble thanks to you my friend. I'm glad to hear you like my story. =)



Reviews

Great job! I loved this short story so much! I think I'm seeing an author in your future! Congrats! Good luck! KEEP WRITING!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair

8 Years Ago

Thanks a lot. It is always nice to get feedback from readers. =)
This was beautiful. You said so much in such a short story. It was truly remarkable the way you made characters in this story seem that vibrant and strong. Very few stories have made me think and ponder as yours has. It really takes the meaning of life into a whole new light. A phenomenal read. I just can't stop raving about how much meaning you packed into such a small story. Kudos to you. You have a great gift my friend. Continue your writing as much as possible. It is so very good, loving, warm and kind.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair

9 Years Ago

My humble thanks to you my friend. I'm glad to hear you like my story. =)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

463 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 20, 2014
Last Updated on April 24, 2017
Tags: life, death, love, nature, dandelion, tree, Anna, Peter, flower

Author

~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair
~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair

Teleri of Aman ~ Middle-Earth ~ Finland



About
' I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas; they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind. ' ~Emily .. more..

Writing