'Glimpses Of You' Chapter 1

'Glimpses Of You' Chapter 1

A Story by ~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair
"

Chapter 1 'The heaven is not here where I am because you have left me'

"

Chapter 1

 

It was supposed to be a typical day. Normal busy monday. Ann stood watching out the kitchen window. Her long wheat-colored hair was braided and it extends from the middle of her back. Ann's graceful face were covered with tears. She had always seemed youger than she actually were. No one would have believed that she was 25, she was wearing an old narrow pale blue jeans and gray sweater and she looked like for at least 7 years younger.


Ann secretlty wiped tears when she heard steps behind her. 'Are you ready Ann?' Helen, her big sister and best fried, asked. 'What's wrong sis?' Helen asked worried. 'Are you crying?' Ann shook her head quickly and turned to her sister with a smile on her lovely face. 'Nope sis, everything's okey, I'm just a bit tired this morning' Ann said. Helen smiled to her and hugged her tightly.


The two sisters were remind each others a lot except that Helen had shorter hair that was neatly cut and extending the low of her ears and big blue eyes and Ann had hazel eyes that seemed to always be dreamy and because Ann had dark, thick eyebrowns and heavy eyelids, her eyes seemed always little sorrowful. 'Okey then let's go sis' Helen said and smiled to her little sis in whom she felt great love and care.

 

They walked towards the bus station in a cold October morning when Ann suddenly wanted to go to visit the cemetery nearby. 'But Ann we have to go!' Helen said. 'I need 'to be at work on time and so you.'  Helen was really worried about Ann because she seemed to spend more time in the graveyard to visit her beloved's grave who had died six months ago in a tragic accident than to spend time with living people. Ann stay up by his side through all those four days that he was unconscious. Michael (it was his name) never regained consciousness until the fourth day evening he opened his eyes, smiled to Ann and told her that he loves her. 


Then he closed his eyes again, with a little smile on his face, and after that his heart stopped beating. After a long persuasion they got Ann to leave Michael and her sister Helen was frightened about Ann's appearance, she had dark circles under her eyes and her face was haggard and eyes was red because of all crying. It seemed as if Ann had died with him. The next couple of weeks Ann was like a 'living dead' wandering around aimlessly. Their mother had been lost almost all her hope until one day, Ann was awakened in the morning and she was very upset at the breakfast.


She was told that she had seen HIM, and HE had sat at her bedside, smiling to her. His blue-gray eyes were full of love and his dark hair were unruly like always.  Maybe it was just a dream (which Ann did not believe) but after that she had been better, or at least she had hide her grief better, like Helen thought.

 

But Ann just smiled to her and said 'Oh it's okey sis, don't worry. The bus leaves in half an hour, I still have time because from here it does not go to the bus station less than 5 minutes.' Ann waved to her and Helen shouted after her that she would be in coffee shop waiting for her. Ann opened up an old, rusty gate which let out a sound that sounded like the wind would be groaning heavily. Ann trembled as always when she opened that gate even thought she knew that there was nothing to fear. It's only my own imagination, Ann thought to herself. She knew exactly where to go even thought it was still pretty dark. She had been here many times before.


Tombstone stood in a familiar spot near at the old big tree. Black marble had lasted for many rains and storms. Golden name shone like a light in the dark. Ann stopped to see the stone and her face fill up with painfully longing. Ann knelt down and touched the cold surface of the stone. Ground under her seemed cold and the icy wind blew over the lonely cemetery. Ann felt how grief shook her body and she felt how the cold penetrated so deep into her that she thought that she will never could feel herself warm again.


The heaven is not here where I am because you have left meI love you! Do you hear me? My heart is broken because my heart's with you there in the cold ground you hear me! she cried. No answer. Ann heard only a sad song of the wind as it could sing it's lament for all those who have died. Ann stood up finally and after a long time (at least it felt a long time for herself) she manage to force herself to turn and walk away from the lonely grave.

 

Ann arrivad in time to the bus station and after the two sisters hugged each other they went in different directions. Helen looked after her sister and wondered how much she reminded their father who had died a long time ago when they were children. Ann had inherited their father's artistic gifts and their father's eyes.

 

In the bus Ann sat in the back of the bus like always. She leaned her head back and looked out the window. She was succeeded in showing happy face to her sister but now Ann's smile crumbled away. She sighed deeply. She did not know what she was expected to happen in the graveyard. She just knew that she would not be able to live without HIM. Until she had seem him at that night, every day had been heavier than previous, and finally she had trouble even remembering to breathe or eat and drink.


Ann had sunk so deeply into her own thoughts that she did not noticed approaching danger. Look out! Look out! a voice echoed in her ears a few minutes before the cracsh and she bend just in time before the other car strike the bus and they started to slide down the hill and suddenly all was spinning around at high speed and Ann heard a cry around her. And then her world was darkened and she slipped in blissful ignorance.

 

* * *

Chapter 2

http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/Arwen-Evenstar/819245/

 

Chapter 3

http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/Arwen-Evenstar/819816/

 

Final chapter

http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/Arwen-Evenstar/821997/

 

 

 

 

 

© 2016 ~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair


Author's Note

~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair
Storyline which has been built up in my mind for a long time. :)




My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

some grammatical errors, I did enjoy it (although the ending was sad).

I clicked on it because the picture of a rose looks like a cabbage. That might be a good thing, or it might not be. It just struck me as strange.

Posted 8 Years Ago


really good so far

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh...I like the storyline here!
This is really interesting...Keep up the good work!
Really nice... :)))

(Finally, I read chapter 1...Haha! XD)

Posted 12 Years Ago


A strong tale in this story. You brought me in with a powerful lead and conversation. Then the story got stronger. I like the places you took me with your words. I like how you got to the very good ending. Allowing the reader to feel the desire and the emotion of the characters. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMF
A sad poem, but enticing at the same time. A damn good read that kept me here until the end. There may have been a few typo's, but I was so lost in what was happening I didn't notice. I hope you expand it. It was a joy to discover

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is so sad! To lose a "Great Love" is devastating! I really felt the agony that Ann was going through... great job...keep up the great work! Very nice storyline, Sarah!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very nice! I loved reading this!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 4, 2011
Last Updated on April 15, 2016
Tags: love, story

Author

~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair
~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair

Teleri of Aman ~ Middle-Earth ~ Finland



About
' I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas; they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind. ' ~Emily .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Loving You. Loving You.

A Poem by Jvonne