I Remember It Clearly

I Remember It Clearly

A Story by Of_The_Sand
"

An answer to a hypothetical question someone asked me a long time ago...

"
I remember clearly that once, you asked me a hypothetical question.  Now that I've had time away from you, I know what I would do.  The scenario goes a bit like as follows.

I am in my room, staring out my window at the looming, grey clouds.  They are ominous in their presence and declare rain.  A deep, guttural rumbling comes quickly after a flash of light in the sky.  I know that rain will fall, so I open my window and slide cautiously onto the roof.  Afraid of the situation I have placed myself in, I jump off the roof edge into my front law, which I had forgotten to mow earlier that day.  I land softly in the tender grass, and I walk casually down the sidewalk.  I had chosen to go through the window because had I gone through the door, my parents would have known I was trying to escape my grounding.  I remember the door is unlocked, so I don't have to go back through the window.  I'm relieved.  As I get to the edge of the sidewalk, it starts raining, then pouring.  It dowses me thoroughly as I cross the street.  I look down and see my feet and shoes are already kicking around a thin layer of water.  I laugh lightly.  I look up to the sky and start walking toward an unknown destination.  I close my eyes for a split second and I bump into something.  I hear it hit the ground.  I look down, puzzled, and see, "It's you."  Makeup is dripping down your face and your hair is wet and matted.  A bruise is starting to peek out from the skin on your cheek.

You look up to me from the ground.  I can't tell whether you are crying or if it is just the rain.  "I... My mom...  She kicked me out..." You begin.

"And you want me to do something to help you?  After what you did to me?  Or at least what I feel you did to me?" I ask harshly.

"I just..." You try to explain.  I coldly cut you off by thrusting my hand between our faces.  I lower it away.  Your head falls and I hear you whimpering.  I feel a sick satisfaction in seeing you like this, but it quickly fades into pity and guilt.  I kneel down and lift your chin with my finger.

Your teal eyes glint sadly as my own dark brown stare into them.  "What you did is unforgivable.  And, I will not help you out of forgiveness," I say as I stand up.  Your eyes follow me.  "But I will help you out of the respect I have for the 'true' love I held for you at one point."  I lift you up and carry you gently back the way I came.  We arrive at my front door and I set you down.  I slowly open the door for you and you walk in.  I follow closely behind and close the door.

As the door closes, you tell me, "Thank you..."

"No problem."

© 2011 Of_The_Sand


Author's Note

Of_The_Sand
I don't care if you leave reviews, but if you do, make them worth the time it takes you to write them and the time it takes me to read them, please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on September 11, 2011
Last Updated on September 11, 2011

Author

Of_The_Sand
Of_The_Sand

CO



About
I'm tired and I feel alone. But other than that, which is normal, I'm doing fairly well, so please don't ask. more..

Writing