Puppy

Puppy

A Story by Ash
"

This is a 99 word drabble I did at the beginning of the year.

"
Snuffling and shivering, the puppy yapped for help, attention, kindness. It was a beautiful little puppy, light grey with splattered black splotches; it was the lost drips of an artist's overflowing brush. 

The rain beat down ferociously onto the metal gate nearby, trailing down the glistening surface in a race with nearby precipitation. Howling with a fever, the storm whipped up thunder and lightening, scaring the puppy further back into the little hole it had found.

"Faye, a puppy," footsteps, barely heard over the torrent, approached. The human crouched down, holding out their hand for the puppy to sniff.

© 2017 Ash


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Vic
Awww, please write more so we can find out if the puppy found a new home. This is a good opening. The bit about the artist's brush seemed a little out of place though.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
1 Review
Added on March 12, 2017
Last Updated on March 12, 2017

Author

Ash
Ash

United Kingdom



About
I am a gender fluid British person who prefers the pronouns he/him/his. I write what comes to mind, in a manner of different ways. Poetry is not my strong suit. I have a mixture of writing genres a.. more..

Writing
Mountainside Mountainside

A Story by Ash


My Dear My Dear

A Story by Ash