Midnight Musings Part One

Midnight Musings Part One

A Story by ♥ Ari Skye ♥
"

Thoughts of a simple girl...

"

He came into my life, like a whisper on the wind. Mysterious and unexpected. And in typical Nikki fashion, I fell in love. Did I expect to feel this way about someone I barely knew? No. Did I like the feelings? Not at first. I was scared and at the same time, I wanted to dive in. I had been hurt so many times before, and was sure it would happen again. Yet, the idea of being loved again made me throw caution to the wind.

 

It has been five months, and I have never been so glad in my life that I made that decision. My wildest dreams came true, the day he told me he loved me too. Now, I find myself wishing every day, that I can keep him happy. He has been through so much with me already. He has kept me strong, when in the past I would have crumbled. But most importantly, with him, I never feel alone. I never feel like I’m a lost ship at sea. Never feel like I’m grasping in the dark for answers unknown. He is my beacon of hope. My light at the end of the tunnel. As cliché as it may be, it is the cold hard truth.

Yet, the fear of losing him grips me out of nowhere. Paralyzes me, knocks the breath right out of me. Leaves me feeling like a coward and a failure, all at the same time. This irrational fear makes us argue, and that fact scares me even more. Even though, at the end of the day, he still loves me. My question is, will he always feel that way?

 

©9-11-2015 by Ashley Nicole Nordyke

© 2015 ♥ Ari Skye ♥


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tks
I wish you all the very best, Nikki :) and it is an honour to be part of the people you have shared this tender information with:) and as usual, your words have painted a human viewpoint of love, and the fear of loss...thoughts of a simple girl indeed :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


I'm so happy you have found the person that makes you happy... you know I couldn't be any happier for you. Getting to know you as a person I know what an amazing woman you are and you deserve someone who loves you the way he does :) You expressed your love beautifully!

Posted 8 Years Ago


even when we find love, we always question in the backs of our minds the validity of that love... it's a symptom of being deceived or betrayed all too often in the past...it takes work to remind ourselves that we need to trust until such a time when we are given reason not to...nicely-said, Ashley

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

362 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 11, 2015
Last Updated on September 11, 2015

Author

♥ Ari Skye ♥
♥ Ari Skye ♥

Cameron, MO



About
Hi there! I'm Ari! ♥ A member of NSCS (National Society of Collegiate Scholars) and Alpha Sigma Pi. I graduated with a BA in English in 2019. Studied Psychology at UoPX, and am currently a Ma.. more..

Writing