twisted fate

twisted fate

A Story by Ashly Christen
"

something new forming in my head

"

 

Beauty….To be beautiful….knowing one possessed this quality was intoxicating, empowering, addicting. It was an orgasmic wave of pure adrenaline, coursing through veins of its holder like a toxic and exhilarating drug. In beauty one could find power, one could have more, control more. It could empower or destroy a person. It could be enlivening or deathly. Beauty was something many people strived after, everyone wanted a piece of beauty in their life, everyone wanted a beautiful face, a beautiful life, a beautiful home and a reason. It could help in the constant search for love or it could ruin it. Everyone wanted love….love and beauty. (Elaborate more)

Love, Jolie rolled the phrase around in her head like the waves would with a tiny little canoe on an open sea, threatening to thrash it closer to the sharp rocks just beyond; the waves would rock the boat mercilessly at its whim. At any moment the little boat could be completely and utterly lost, bashed to pieces should the wind change, it always changed without warning, seizing any unprepared victim. Beauty, I am beautiful. I am more beautiful than I ever realized. Maybe it is finally my turn to have some of the joys that all the beautiful people always have. Jolie thought longingly to herself, her head tilting from the thought, making her head already heavier than it had ever been. Beautiful was not a term Jolie was used to hearing, not in any good way. She had never looked into a mirror and been convinced her own beauty surpassed that of anyone else, in fact she thought herself ordinary, and she thought she looked just like so many other girls. Now, one solitary man had changed the way she now looked at herself forever. He had taken her unawares, she was his victim, and she was now that little canoe floating at the mercy of his waves of color, at the command of his winds she could be overtaken. She could already feel herself sinking slowly in his strokes.

Sebastian treated each stroke delicately as he dipped the tip of his softly bristled brush in the wet paint and precisely picked where it would forever lay. He knew there could be no undoing anything, what had been done was done, but that was part of his addiction, to the passion of painting. It was much more challenging, and easier in a way to have such a beautiful model. In just a matter of days she had become the only face he saw in his dreams, the only eyes he saw through, she had turned completely and utterly into his muse. Every time his pencil, brush or pen touched a paper, it was a piece of her that in the end would be sprawled, etched, sketched, all over the page.

Sebastian let out the breath he had been holding for God knows how long and took a step back to look at the piece of art before him. He felt pressure knot up in his stomach, but it only propelled him to his goal, he would accept nothing short of perfection, he could not mess this up. His eyes took in every inch of the woman before him. He liked the freedom of the artist studying his subject; he could stare as much as he wanted, and he could memorize everything, every wisp of her hair that fell gently around her, every line on her skin and the way her chest would rise and fall slowly with each breath, and then capture it forever on his canvas. She sat in an antique chair next to the open window, from which a cool spring breeze entered the room, wrapping the bodies within in sweet spring scent pearls, teasing the entirety of their bodies with its soft touch. She wore a velvet silken dress that hugged every lovely curve and accentuated her long flaxen hair that fell in bouncy waves around her shoulders and down her back. Her face was smooth like cream with features that popped, long dark brows that outlined deep greenish blue eyes and a little button nose perfect for no other face than her own, and she had the plumpest and most luscious lips he had ever spoken to. Diamonds dripped from her ears and clung desperately to her pale throat. He had never seen a more beautiful creature in all his days, she completely captivated him, he could only think of her alone and all the ways he could capture and portray her. She was already bringing out the best in him.

© 2013 Ashly Christen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"Love, Jolie rolled the phrase around in her head like the waves would with a tiny little canoe on an open sea, threatening to thrash it closer to the sharp rocks just beyond; the waves would rock the boat mercilessly at its whim." What an amazing line, wow! ANd the rest is just as good!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashly Christen

11 Years Ago

thank you so much!! you all enspire me so! hopefully I will have my thoughts fully organized on this.. read more



Reviews

Happy that you were painted.
The pleasure is all for the paiinter.
Hope to see you around the " cafe"/
---- John Crowley

Posted 7 Years Ago


"Love, Jolie rolled the phrase around in her head like the waves would with a tiny little canoe on an open sea, threatening to thrash it closer to the sharp rocks just beyond; the waves would rock the boat mercilessly at its whim." What an amazing line, wow! ANd the rest is just as good!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashly Christen

11 Years Ago

thank you so much!! you all enspire me so! hopefully I will have my thoughts fully organized on this.. read more
Leaves me speechless, love this piece

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashly Christen

11 Years Ago

thank you much :D
Ashly Christen

11 Years Ago

a book in progress
What a stunning, beautiful write! And yes... sometimes all we need is one person to love us... to lift us... one person who can make us all we were meant to be. Your writing makes me realize that everything we do is significant.. even if for just one other person in this world.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashly Christen

11 Years Ago

awe thank you dear craig :) xo
I love the description in this, wow that's awesome!
I do have some comments though -
1. In the first line you say "beauty...to be beautiful." I imagine this as a definition, not a sentence of it's own. Instead of the constant three dots I would replace the first lot with a ":" to say "this is what beauty is and then just a full stop after the definition. At the end of the first paragraph you use the "..." again, I would just put a comma.
You have an extraordinary eye for detail, the enthusiasm of words, mixing with incredible imagery and personal thoughts. I love the italics for the thoughts going on inside the mind, it makes it so personal and gives an opinion on the word you defined at the beginning.
I love rich, interesting language like this, It's what I look for in a good writer when I pick up a book. Awesomely written, I applaud you because I'm jealous :P
Love to you x

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Icelanna

11 Years Ago

*Hugs* Lol thank you and it's no problem - I love reading good writing and I'm not afraid to point o.. read more
Ashly Christen

11 Years Ago

maybe youd be a good editor :D
Icelanna

11 Years Ago

I wouldn't mind it! Lol
very good, i liked the imagry in here. It was easy to read and was a very nice peice. I really enjoyed it :3

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashly Christen

11 Years Ago

thank you, I think I like imagery writing and simple cuz im kinda a simple girl. haha but then again.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

728 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 4, 2013
Last Updated on January 4, 2013
Tags: dorian grey, twist, twisted, fate, beauty, face, love, paint, painter

Author

Ashly Christen
Ashly Christen

champaign , IL



About
so, my name is ashly. I have been through alot in life, my childhood was anything but easy and I am constantly being faced with new hurdles and journeys. I have learned alot from all i have been t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


After; After;

A Poem by Jimi Brady