Unmasked

Unmasked

A Poem by Ash
"

A memoir in third person

"
She smiles and pays attention. She cares and her face shows appreciation. But look closer in her eyes when you meet her. You'll see tears welling up. And a galaxy unknown to your dimension. A lifetime of torture and anger. Eyes that no longer hold any hope, That guard themselves from other predators. That take and take and take everything. Leaving her empty, extracting every ounce of joy in her soul. Using her love for their ego boost. Her naive heart ached for love, and she let him destroy her. So she smiles under the sun And weeps under the covers of twilight. It is the darkness after all that never left her sight. The darkness that consumes her, Inside and out, It's all she has for herself. It's the only thing that has never left her. It was there when he hurt her It's there now as her scars she tries to cover. It comforts her as every now and then, She falls apart, feeling worthless.

© 2016 Ash


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
Added on November 2, 2016
Last Updated on November 3, 2016
Tags: Mask, Love, Lust, Beauty, Loss, Alone, Twilight, Tears, Hope, Worthless

Author

Ash
Ash

TX



About
I am who I am, My tears have shaped me into whom I have become. My words, a melody Rising from a tortured heart. And in the midst of fire, From the ashes I've emerged. Stronger than ever. more..

Writing
Masked Masked

A Poem by Ash


Bitter Remind Bitter Remind

A Poem by Ash