The World Today

The World Today

A Poem by Berserker[Diktator Von Alles]

The World Today

 

On the news we hear the President say,

We will succeed and keep the Terrorists at bay.

Around the world there is chaos and despair,

it seems as if no one really cares.

Another child will die of starvation,

All because of the politics of their nation.

More of our soldiers will continue to die,

As the politicians continue to lie.

Nations will blame and point fingers at each other,

As they continue to kill one another.

Around the world there is chaos and despair,

It seems as if no one really cares.

While the world is in crisis,

The oil companies raise their prices.

Rogue countries threaten us with nukes,

That is enough to make many of us want to puke!

So this is what I have to say...

What is wrong with the world today???

© 2008 Berserker[Diktator Von Alles]


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You've got that right. The world is the most messed up it's been in my lifetime.

Posted 15 Years Ago


what's wrong indeed. We're all going to hell in a handbasket, I've been convinced. Revolution anyone? I just gotta get me some weapons and some training and I'm there. The politicians are pissing all over the constitution, Mr. Bush is signing all kinds of executive decisions, and we're already prepared for two more wars when we're done with this one. Lies lies lies, yet here we sit like flies....hanging on the glue strip, waiting to die. Excellent f*****g piece. So when are we taking our country back??

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Kal
man ur poems r very good and well written... good man

Posted 15 Years Ago


Another wonderful poem, although I won't say anything about the president lol good job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is a wonderful poem its true as well.I was told years back that in order to keep control of the population thats why theres war.It hurts me to know so many people and children have to die,its so wrong.life in general can be so cruel.The help and love of family and friends will always be there to help and most of all the Lord is always with us to guide us through this all.you worded your poem great and to the point.Thank you for sharing this with me. People ask me how come I don't really watch the news that much its because theres always hurt pain deaths and it really hurts to see or hear this,But your poem helps me out and helps me see so much more in some ways. again thank you very much,keep writting don't ever stop you have a way with words thats a gift.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I really like this poem. And this piece does too speak the truth. It's creative how it is written. You give the answer within your poem to the question at the end "What is wrong with this world?" The choas, the greed, the politics, the finger pointing, the selfishness. Now the root of the problems, I'm affraid is something out of our hands--The deeds of the devilish-if you will. Very well written!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like this it's simple yet profound.

Posted 15 Years Ago


You pose a question that none can answer. Relying on the idiotocrats for leadership has led us down the path of destruction.

Posted 15 Years Ago


You have a wonderful way of summing up the world's problems. You should really like my work as well. It is largely about war, politics, and religion. Those are just areas of personal interest for me. But, your work helps to keep me inspired to do more of my own. It may not be popular with most of the readers here, but I can target a niche group. It was not about being popular in the first place. It was about dealing with the issues.

-Gabe


Posted 15 Years Ago


You definitely give people something to think about. So much crap to ponder about the modern world-- the worst part is: there's more than just politics that make it so screwy. Anyways, this is a really good poem; to me, it seems pretty organized and the rhyming was very entertaining! Great job!

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 2, 2008

Author

Berserker[Diktator Von Alles]
Berserker[Diktator Von Alles]

Washington, DC



About
I currently control North and South America, Europe, Asia, and I am working on conquering the Middle East. My army is massive and undefeated. Resorting to any means neccessary. more..

Writing