Kids Play Too Much Call of Duty

Kids Play Too Much Call of Duty

A Chapter by SomeTypeOfArtist
"

500 words or less

"

     All of the pens are standing up on my desk. One, two, three, four, five pens total, standing on their cap, unmoving.

     Except for this one. Number Six keeps falling. I pick him up and try to make him stay in line, but he keeps rebelling. He thinks he’s better than the other pens. He thinks he deserves to sleep in while the others stand at attention.

     So, Six, you think you’re better than the other pens, huh? You realize that you’re all brothers, born of the same Papermate box. You all have blue blood running through your veins, ready to be disposed of the second you’re depleted. There is nothing special about you. You are nothing without me, the pen-wielder. You shall do as I command.

     I try once more with Six. He insists on disobeying orders.

     Very well, Six. I have other ways of making you cooperate. I remove your cap, your precious cap that you fit so snuggly inside of. I know she means a lot to you. It’s your other half. Without her, you’ll dry up.

     Are you sure you won’t stand, Six? I would hate for something… inconvenient, to happen to your cap. No?

     I put my mouth on the cap. I gnaw at her, leaving dents in the body. The slits at the end of the cap become crooked. The pocket-clip drips with drool, gently flowing along the newly formed ridges.

     Do you like seeing your woman like this? A broken vessel, damaged goods? You should have stood, Six. This could have been prevented.

     Now stand. What? How can you stand without your cap? You have another end to stand on.

     All of the pens are standing up on my desk. One, two, three, four, five… and Six. Most of them stand on their caps, unmoving. Six stands on his butt, naked without his cap. Let all pens know his shame.

     My teacher tells me to stop fooling around. She asks me to stand up and present my book report.

     I laugh. I am not as weak as Six. She threatens to call my mother. Let her; I fear no one.

    

     That night, I try to fall asleep, but I can’t. I keep crying. I keep thinking how unfair it was for mommy to take my Xbox away.



© 2012 SomeTypeOfArtist


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
Added on October 18, 2012
Last Updated on October 18, 2012
Tags: flash fiction, microfiction, short shorts


Author

SomeTypeOfArtist
SomeTypeOfArtist

NJ



About
Fiction, flash fiction, experimental fiction, and a little nonfiction about the human experience, I guess. Blah blah blah. more..

Writing
Waltz Waltz

A Story by SomeTypeOfArtist


Waiting Waiting

A Chapter by SomeTypeOfArtist