Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Atermon_hours


"Pers! Come down quickly, we're going to be late!" A young boy's voice was heard.

A girl around the age of eleven run down the house's stairs, carrying a blue backpack, and opened the front door to confront a boy around her age. He had brown hair, fair skin with a green back pack hanging from his left shoulder.

"You're late." He said scowling.

"Good morning to you too Ag" she spoke with a small smile.

"Sorry Pers, you know I get worried about time" he told her, with nervousness plastered on his face.

The two kids started walking with a quick pace.

"You don't have to be so 'on-time'. Oh and I think being such a perfectionist can be bad for you. Stress kills. I think so..." she said frowning, so she could recall the information from her memory.
"Yeah, mom says it all the time. I don't know why, it's some grow-up's stuff. By the way why is so bag so stuffed" he asked curiously.


"There are some books I need to return to the library and it's due today or I'll have to pay extra" she said with a look of disapproval on her face.

"Too much reading is going to rot your brains Pers, it's bad for you" Ag said since the only thing he liked about books was that he could make paper air-planes out of their ripped pages.

She laughed.

The two of them joked throughout the walk until the reached a gigantic, in their eyes, building. On top of its main entrance a flyer was hung. It read"Merry Christmas" with fancy red letters on a green back round. Ag started talking:

"Can you believe it Pers? Today is the last day of school before Christmas vacations!" he spoke with a bright smile decorating his face.
The two of them reached a big hallway full of children chatting. At that moment a group of girls passed by. Ag fixed his eyes in one of them. She had red hair, reaching down her shoulder blades and was wearing a yellow blouse with a flower printed on it. His eyed followed her slim figure until she turned in the corner disappearing, out of his view.

"Why don't you just tell her you like her?" Pers asked him, shaking him out of his trance state.
His eyes darkened.

"You know I can't, she hates me..." He said, voice lowering.

"Aw come on she doesn't hate you, she's just..." She said trying to find the right words.

She couldn't so she remained silent.

"Exactly." Ag spoke.

He could remember, a year ago, in his birthday party, he had walked on her while she was in the bathroom. She never forgave him.

The bell rang.

"Oh no, we're late" he said.

The two of them started racing towards the class. Pers knocked on the door and the entered the classroom. The teacher, a young, brown haired woman looked at them with a scoffing look.

"Agamemnon... Persephone... You are late."

Both of them winced as they herd their full first names.

"Sorry Ms. Katherine" they said at the same time.

She nodded and told them to join the rest of the class. The duet took their seats, placing their bags on the desk they shared. The lesson was quite entertaining. Since it was the last day of school the teacher let the kids do whatever they pleased, under the condition of keeping it quiet. Everybody started playing or chatting with their friends.

"So you're leaving tomorrow morning?" Persephone asked her friend.

"Yeah... Say, why don't you come with us?" he proposed.

Her eyes darkened.

"Like my aunt would let me... Besides, I don't want to be a burden." She spoke with a bitter voice.

"So when are your parents coming back?" Agamemnon asked, changing the subject.

She shrugged "New Year's eve I guess."

The two of them spent the rest of the school day joking around with the other kids. After all the teachers longed for the rest as much as the children so none of them was in a mood for teaching. Finally the last bell rang. The children made sure to run as fast as they could back to their homes so their vacations would officially begin.

The two friends walked 'till the end of the school yard

"I wish you merry Christmas and a happy new year!" Agamemnon said cheerfully.

"You too! Have fun in your vacations!" she told him.

They hugged goodbye. Persephone walked through the, now empty, yard heading to a small building, the school library.


© 2010 Atermon_hours


Author's Note

Atermon_hours
English is not my native language so I know there are a couple of grammar and spelling issues...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

449 Views
Added on August 15, 2010
Last Updated on August 15, 2010
Tags: Ace of Spades, death, life, angel, demon, grim reaper, humanity, Thanatos, azrael, fiction, fantasy, paranormal


Author

Atermon_hours
Atermon_hours

Athens, Attica, Greece



About
Greetings... My name is Lydia and I live in Greece. I enjoy reading and writing stories. I love poetry even though I'm not very good at it. I also enjoy sketching taking long walks and playing th.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Atermon_hours


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Atermon_hours


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Atermon_hours