Phases of Perspective

Phases of Perspective

A Story by Atishaya
"

How you almost became a scientist...

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I look up at the sky on a full moon night and every time am captivated by the glory and those infinite number of aspects of the moon which even after our millenniums of history we haven’t been able to comprehend.

And of course it would only be a fool who would think he has understood all there is to be understood about the moon.

By sight we can observe only the small range of 400 nanometers (nm) to 750nm (10-6 - 10-4) i.e. the visible spectrum of a huge scale of rays of 10-14 - 108, other rays are felt by our other senses. Then there are neutrinos - neutral particles - blasted out of supernovae and ~ events which whizz around everywhere in space including our environment but are too hard to detect and for now are said cannot be felt by living beings. Now a fool might doubt the existence of phenomena which cannot be seen, felt or observed directly but only through chains of events which wouldn’t form in the absence of such phenomena. And here is the difference between a scientist and a dreamer.

Now Moon is the nearest heavenly body to earth and really, it is very near. If only we were capable to see more it would have been easier but then easy is something wanted only by human beings, they don’t just like the fool, want to understand that things work in chains and in chains easy can never be accommodated; and so it cannot be made easier. But it is so much fun to understand how by only changing a perspective the slightest of all bits a whole new meaning of the moon can be discovered. At different positions it also reflects light and more from different planets and stars and galaxies and new meanings keep revealing themselves with the help of Moon’s composition. It is simply a most enigmatic natural phenomenon open for observation to all.

I remember seeing a full moon sometime ago " it was a slightly cloudy night and every time a thin layer cloud crossed the line of sight it broke into different colors, an aura so magnificent I wanted to fly up to it and talk with it and stop it from ever going away. But then unlike human beings nature knows its responsibilities and work forever in mighty chains.

Now there is a perfectly scientific explanation for why I felt how I felt but that reason is part of another chain and it would be indiscreet on my part to share it now.

So the next time you look up at the sky on a full moon night and are captivated by the Moon’s grandiosity " reason to the depth of the perspective you hold and feel proud at being a discoverer, a scientist and never embarrassed if you don’t lose and become a dreamer.

 

© 2011 Atishaya


Author's Note

Atishaya
Wasn't able to post the photos properly...please visit http://illusionxillusion.blogspot.com/2011/03/phases-of-perspective.html
for a better picture...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

311 Views
Added on March 2, 2011
Last Updated on March 3, 2011
Tags: Moon, scientist, dreamer

Author

Atishaya
Atishaya

New Delhi, New Delhi, India



Writing