Water

Water

A Story by Audrey B
"

Just a piece i randomly wrote....

"
The lake was as still and shiny as glass, as if he could step on it and walk all the way across. It was one of those days when anything seems possible, and he stood there, breathing deep and imagining that if he took one step into it he would be engulfed within it, telling him all of its secrets and thoughts. He would walk across the bottom over all the rocks, sand, and silt that gathered in layers and mounds across it. He thought of touching and seeing all the fish swimming by. Them thinking about him, wondering who or what he is and why he was there.
He opened his eyes.
Then suddenly, he was pushed from behind onto the water. Not into, but onto it. He fell to his knees on the surface, looking into the eyes of his own reflection. Looking back over his shoulder, he noticed the astonished face of the person who had pushed him.
The water began to bubble up aggressively around him as he looked back down to his reflection which reached out of the water, grabbing his wrist, pulling him under.
The water became calm, not even a ripple on its surface.
He closed his eyes, embracing what he thought would be his death. But instead, greeted by a familiar face. 
"Mom..." He let out the words and they seemed to echo under the water and in his ears as water rushed to his lungs. 
"I love you..." She replied.
He woke up with a jolt, looking around, of course in the same hospital room he had been assigned to when we was admitted about a month ago. 
"Same dream?" The nurse asked walking in the door.

"..... No....." He hesitatingly lied to her.

10-30-17

© 2017 Audrey B


Author's Note

Audrey B
ignore my horrible writing skills.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on October 30, 2017
Last Updated on October 30, 2017
Tags: fantasy, imagination, adventure

Author

Audrey B
Audrey B

Holly, MI