Why do I Love You?

Why do I Love You?

A Chapter by Devashish Kumar

When do people fall in love?

The obvious answer would be when they spend with each other. People fall in love when they gaze into each other eyes. They go to movies and restaurants. They rest in each other arms… In the lap of nature.  They admire the crescent moon in the starry background. They witness the sunrise interrupted by chirpings of birds and rustlings of leaves in a cool breeze. They plan their future together, though they are still unsure about what the possible options are. They celebrate their birthdays and shower each other with presents. Valentine Days’ celebration goes for weeks. They spend many hours talking to each other on their cell phones, trying to make up for the whole days spent without each other.

You know these things never happened to us. That we did none of those countless things which could kindle the fire of love between us. Still, I fell in love with you. When I say I loved you I mean every word of it and beyond. You might find it surprising or difficult to believe. But to me, it makes perfect sense. Your smiling face and shrill voice had been my constant inspiration. That too in the most difficult of times. A friend of mine actually pointed you out to me and from that day to my last day at the school, you were the reason I went to the school. Of course except exam days! In my desert like life, you were an oasis which could me a little shade and some water- where I could rest and muster enough strength to move forward. Your smiling face was the wind which brings some relief on a hot summer day. And when you used to speak, there would be rain all over my body. You were, in many ways, the reason that I could get through the toughest phase of my life. And that is why I say I loved you.

These does not mean I did not want to spend time with you. I, too, wanted to go for a long walk; holding your soft and tender hands. I wanted to tell you how beautiful you were (you always will be!) and what effect you had on me. But it was not just about me. That is why I did not make a move because deep down I knew you were and never will be interested in me. 



© 2017 Devashish Kumar


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
Added on April 2, 2017
Last Updated on April 2, 2017
Tags: Love


Author

Devashish Kumar
Devashish Kumar

New Delhi, Delhi, India



Writing