Normal Alice

Normal Alice

A Story by Sylvia
"

Sully is a lonely boy who meets someone, just like him. And brings up the past.

"

Normal Alice

By: Aura Quartz


There once was a legend, that was told all around. It was about a boy 13 or 14. His dad won in a game of poker by cheating. The loser swore he would get his revenge, and so he did. The boy came home one night, to find his family murdered. The man stood there with a knife all red and shiny. He later accused that the boy had killed his family and was sentenced to a death penalty. The old man won and the boy 13 or 14 in town square got hung in front of his friends, and neighbors. The boy’s last words were, “You will pay, when you least expect it even in 100 years you’ll pay.” The old man got worried, but lived the rest of his life normally with grandchildren and children. His last words were, “You can’t cheat this time sonny.” But that legend if it was true happened in 1872. No one pays attention to it anymore.

A boy named Sully Auri lived in the same town where that legend was born. He was a 13 year old boy, with brown hair and blue eyes. He looked normal to everyone but he wasn’t. He was always the weirdo in school, always had no friends. Infact his only friend was a tree.

Sully had loved painting, making statues, everything to do with art. But Sully’s family never had the imagination that he had. His mom, dad, older sister, and younger brother thought there was something wrong with him.

Today was any normal day for Sully, he went to school. He was advanced four grades so he was in 11th grade. It was 10th hour which was advanced social studies. His teacher Mr. Quenn was doing roll call when a new girl walked into the classroom. She had long brown hair, green eyes, and she looked to be about Sully’s age too! She walked to Mr. Quenn.

“Hi I’m Alice,” She said softly,”Alice Kingsly.”

“Oh, yes I heard about you.” He said, “Sully will really like to meet you.”

Sully looked up.

“Uh, wha- me?” He asked.

“Yes Mr. Auri you.” Mr. Quenn said.

He came up. Alice turned to him.

“Hello, I’m Alice Kingsly.” She said.

She put out her hand and Sully shook it.

“I’m Sully Auri.” He said.

“Mr. Auri you will be happy to know that Alice here is just like you.” Mr. Quenn said.

Sully thought, lonely, weird, creative.

“She is 13 as well.” He said.

Sully was surprised. Alice decided to sit next to Sully. The bell rang and everyone left. Sully always walks home and today Alice was following him.

She ran up to him.

“Hey, would you like to be my friend?” She asked.

“Is this some joke, ‘cause I heard it already.” He said back.

“No really, you and me are alike. We get pushed around because we skipped four grades, and were younger. Get made fun of.” She said.

Sully looked at here.

“Would you be my friend?” He asked.

“Of course.” She said.

“Hey why are you even walking this way?” Sully asked.

“‘Cause I moved into the house on the red road.” She said.

© 2016 Sylvia


Author's Note

Sylvia
Once again, I don't have good grammar. And this type of story (genre) I never write about so its a bit new. Still a work in progress.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on October 13, 2016
Last Updated on October 13, 2016

Author

Sylvia
Sylvia

Wherever I go, WI



About
I go by the fake name Aura Quartz. I will always read your writing if you ask! Been to some pretty dark places, and writing has gotten me out. more..

Writing