Werewolf

Werewolf

A Chapter by Aurafiex

I was fifteen when my dreams began to show me visions of the full moon, watched by a man who was less than a man, and something far more insidious. For months since then I slept half-awake, fearful of that man, his wolfish grin, and his vicious claws and fangs that sliced the air like sharpened scythes.

 

....

 

I did not understand then, both the cause of my dreams, or the wretched symbolism it held in my fate. However, a night under the luminosity of the full moon brought to me bloody revelation when I tore into the flesh of a servant at dinner, flaying both flesh and bone like flimsy cloth. At that blood-crazed moment I regretted nothing, as my jaws were filled with chunks of his flesh and my belly sated with his blood. Only when the bloodlust subsided did I realise tragic extent of my newfound madness.

 

....

 

My family exiled me to a cottage in the woods, unable and unwilling to bear the shame of my actions lest our noble name be tarnished. A recessive gene, they said, and being the youngest son I was granted its burden. From that day forth I was to live apart from humanity, for their sake and mine. Provisions were delivered from the nearby village at my family’s behest, but I never saw any of the men. Perhaps they too knew of the rumours.

 

....

 

It was thus a strange turn of events when my family sent a servant girl to wait on me two years into my exile. She was a fair maiden with white hair and dazzling eyes like diamonds set in jet and a modest yet beautiful frame. The sight of her reduced me to nervous stuttering, even to one such as I who would make grown men quake in fear. Perhaps they wanted her to help me to find my humanity, a relic sealed away in the heart of the beast within by remembering what it meant to live amongst others.

 

....

 

She started out as an annoyance, a change that threatened the lifetime of solitude and darkness I had grown accustomed to in my exile. I tried to keep away from her, shunning her with cold indifference at best and outright hostility at worst. She did not deserve this, but I did so, for her sake. 

 

....

 

And yet, her kindness shone through like a ray of light vanquishing the darkness of my solitude. We began to converse, and eventually, friendship turned to love as we spent our days under the same roof bearing the same companionship, the same secluded fate. By her gentle words my rage quelled, and I began to stalk the woods less and less to sate my bloodlust, eventually stopping altogether.

 

....

 

But even so, the soft embrace of her skin and the tenderness of her naked breasts would make me afraid. It is after all very easy to live as a beast when you live for no one, where there only existed the hunter and the hunted. Her entry into my life changed everything, just like how my curse had. The thought of how easily I could tear it all to pieces once more brought me to tears constantly. She would see me cry and she would comfort me, but never did she ever ask why.

 

....

 

For the sake of her kindness and love I must control the beast within. She must not know what I truly am. She cannot know. I will love and cherish her with every ounce of my cursed soul. Knowing this, I now spend every night at her side awake, afraid of what I have done, and what I am capable of.



© 2016 Aurafiex


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hello Aurafiex,

This is great! The story is interesting and the plot moves along nicely.

Thank you for sharing!

Kind regards,

Schatzi



Posted 7 Years Ago


A nice change of pace in the story. I like the new character. The story is getting more interesting. Thank you my friend for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


I recently joined this group of +2,000 and you've stood out. You've posted many chapters in a row which in my opinion is impressive. This is an interesting piece of writing and you're doing extremely well

Posted 7 Years Ago


Aurafiex

7 Years Ago

Thanks! I do hope you check out all my other stuff too!
THAT OPENING SENTENCE.... IS A MONSTER. Don't do anything silly like touch it... please... it's so great.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I hardly get to say this about fiction I find here... save for a few I adore... but I LOVE THIS...

"I was fifteen when my dreams began to show me visions of the full moon, watched by a man who was less than a man, and something far more insidious. For months since then I slept half-awake, fearful of that man, his wolfish grin, and his vicious claws and fangs that sliced the air like sharpened scythes."

Openings are everything.... set the mood, set the tone, set the voice of the author. You, have done all that and then some here. Great opening para. I will certainly be checking out more of your work. ;) You have some talent here. Thank you for sharing it with us. Love the genre... perfect.

..Misty



Posted 7 Years Ago


Aurafiex

7 Years Ago

Thank you! I look forward to your perusal of my other work!
M. L. F.

7 Years Ago

Peruse- I shall...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

479 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 9, 2016
Last Updated on November 9, 2016
Tags: Grimoire, Monster, Monsters, Fiend, Short Story, Short, Collection, Werewolf, Wolf, Beauty and the Beast, Beast


Author

Aurafiex
Aurafiex

Singapore



About
Hi! I enjoy World of Warcraft, music and swimming. I'm someone who writes for fun. Pardon any typos or mistakes, because I write on my phone(lol). I'm new here, so if you like what you see do.. more..

Writing
My Webnovel! My Webnovel!

A Story by Aurafiex


Into Hell Into Hell

A Story by Aurafiex


Midnight Midnight

A Story by Aurafiex



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


POVERTY POVERTY

A Poem by Tazeen Ahmed