The Price of Perfection {{Prelude}}

The Price of Perfection {{Prelude}}

A Chapter by -Aurelia Mirella
"

This is the very, very beginning of my story. I hope you enjoy it! Please any rates/review/messages would be fantastico!

"

“Will you count me in?

 

I’ve been awake for a while now

You’ve got me feeling li-SMACK!

 

I looked at my now red tingly hand after hitting the OFF button on my clock.

 

“God I hate alarm clocks,” I mumbled as I rolled out of bed. I walked over to the bathroom that was connected to my room and stared into the mirror.

 

“They ruin perfectly good dreams!”

 

At that statement, I chuckled. Why would I, Azzurra Zuccherini, need to dream? It just wasn’t necessary. I mean, I had perfect grades, even though I didn’t study. I’m the varsity captain for the school’s soccer team, swim team, volleyball team, track team, and my club’s soccer team. All of those sports gave me my killer body, and the fact that my face was a little “prettier” than most helped too.

 

My friends and I are doing great. Typical high school drama had hardly any effect on us, and we were hanging out at every opportune moment. My family is doing fine. No one is seriously ill, and we were still as wealthy as ever.

 

Although some would notice that I didn’t mention having a boyfriend. But who said I wanted one? I liked having guys as friends and nothing more. Now don’t go around thinking I’m gay or anything because I am most certainly not! I just like to get to know a person first before I step into something a little more serious. I’ve met enough guys that were just “acting” so that they could have a chance at dating me.

 

FAT CHANCE.

 

But I would have to admit, teasing and flirting with them was…fun.

 

I laughed again, and turned away from my reflection in the mirror. I walked over to my bath Jacuzzi and turned it on. I felt like taking a nice long bath.

 

My life was perfect, and I loved every minute of it. What more could a girl ask for?

 



© 2009 -Aurelia Mirella


Author's Note

-Aurelia Mirella
Reviews are nice, as well as any other feedback! Ringraziarla per leggere!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow This was a very descriptive intro to what seems to me like a perfect life! I like your intro That hooked me on to the story and now i'm definitly going to read the rest of this!

Also points that are supposed to stand out more, I like how you emphasized that by putting them in bold, Very nice!

Also I couldn't help but notice the perfect changing of paragraphs when you change the train of thought, really good!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say this was really good and one of my favorites! Im definitly going to read the rest of this because i'm curious to find out what happens next.

My Rating would have to be as of now, 10/10, 100%

I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always,
Victor :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The perfect life must always be a perfect balance of good and bad otherwise all goes into chaos.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Mi piace. The scenario makes you resent the protagonist at first, but it's surprising how many authors take that tactic. The question shows foreshadowing unsubtly which is a slightly immature approach. Then again, what would I know about mature writing. The rest is very professional sounding and makes one look forward to what is ahead.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Your prelude, as everyone has already said, really caught my attention and I really wanna read more. It completely captured my attention, I am excited to read more!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sounds good!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow you've got me needing to read more and more.
Love it and your style is flawless, so realistic.

on to the next chapter

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is interesting and a great start, I am going to read more now!.... :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I'm gonna add my self to the humungous list b saying how great this is. You see how perfect the girls life is and you know that something is gonna go wrong.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

this was really good...it has me interested

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I enjoyed it. awesome prelude.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Looking forward to reading through your book! Excellent prelude to your story!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1000 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on June 13, 2008
Last Updated on January 5, 2009


Author

-Aurelia Mirella
-Aurelia Mirella

Venice, Italy



About
Mi chiamo Aurelia! I live in Venice, Italy, and speak both Italian and English fluently. Writing has been added to the tiny list of addictions I have. Sports, mainly soccer, and art are two others.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..