The Fear

The Fear

A Poem by -Aurelia Mirella
"

Jealousy is a disgusting thing and unfortunately, I'm suffering from a mild case of it. It should pass soon though, but because of it, I actually wrote something. O.O more below in the note to reviewers...

"

The Fear

I don't understand

Why this time is different

I don't understand

Why I can't just drop it and move on

I don't understand

These feelings

This pain

This confusion

That sits in my mind

Racking about

Taking its sweet time

Meanwhile

I'm left with nothing but

Headaches

Tears

Stomach aches

And a fear

A fear that I cannot wrap my head around

A fear that I don't understand

Which is the only other true fear I've ever known...

 

 

The fear of not being able to understand myself.

 

© 2009 -Aurelia Mirella


Author's Note

-Aurelia Mirella
First off, to all of the people who have never read any of my work and were intrested enough by the title to read this very weak poem of mine: thank you for reading it anyways! I'm totally open to any suggestions and comments that you might have. I love to hear from anyone.
Now for the people that have been reading my stroies and poems and deserve to be mad at me for not updating since God knows when: thanks for everything..the support, the love, the beautiful work that you send me to read, and for all the waiting. My real life, the one that I live outside this amazing cafe, needs me to be there and even though I'm hoping that I can get back to all of you really soon, I'm not sure it will be as soon as I would like. So please, if you can, hang in there. I'll more than likely be writing and updating at random moments until this jealousy sickness passes, but the read requests will have to wait.

Take care and have a lovely day! :)

Sempre,
-Aurelia Mirella ♥

***Please tell me if there were any spelling errors. My computer is broken so I borrowed a friend's and they don't have Microsoft Word which I use to check my spelling. Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'm new on here but I have been writing for a while now. I think this is probably one of the only things I've read in a while that I can 100% relate to!
And you're a very good writer and I can tell you are in love with writing just as much as I am :] !
If you have any free time it would be much appreciated if you would take a look at my writing.. there isnt much, just 3 first chapters of a new story and one "poem" kinda thing.

Thanks!
- Hannah :]]]

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I'm new on here but I have been writing for a while now. I think this is probably one of the only things I've read in a while that I can 100% relate to!
And you're a very good writer and I can tell you are in love with writing just as much as I am :] !
If you have any free time it would be much appreciated if you would take a look at my writing.. there isnt much, just 3 first chapters of a new story and one "poem" kinda thing.

Thanks!
- Hannah :]]]

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved it. I've felt like that a lot, and I guess that's what led to my breakup. But this is a very good piece, I enjoyed it!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was amazing. I can relate because I'm actually going through this myself right now. I love this part:

" I'm left with nothing but

Headaches

Tears

Stomach aches

And a fear"

It's so precise and so on point about how I feel at this very moment I was just shocked. I truly enjoyed reading it and I'm going to add it to my favorites.
VERY VERY good write!

-Sulen



Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I liked this poem, expecially since I myself can relate to it.
I think that when a reader has gone through the same thing, it connects the reader even more to a piece of work.
I especially loved the last line: "The fear of not being able to understand myself."
Jealousy is an ugly beast, brought about by not being content with who you are.
Keep on writing!
~Lauren

Posted 14 Years Ago


It's very good! The cause of fear is usually something we don't understand, or something we're confused about. I have to agree with poeticpiers jealousy is indeed a useless emotion. It made me realize that if you understand something it is when we'll not be afraid of it. Why else would we be afraid of death? People tend to confuse themselves because of ignorance of their flaws, of not accepting their flaws. I love this prose simlpy because it transmits a message of admition pertaining to the fears of people. It could really be understood by anyone. Fear is such a common thing. It's good that you made this the subject of your work.

Thank you for sharing this,

Millenium >_

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

to understand oneself is the first step on the path to wisdom. jealously is a useless emotion it changes nothing but your own measure of happiness.Enkoyed this piece of prose

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

542 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 15, 2009
Last Updated on June 15, 2009

Author

-Aurelia Mirella
-Aurelia Mirella

Venice, Italy



About
Mi chiamo Aurelia! I live in Venice, Italy, and speak both Italian and English fluently. Writing has been added to the tiny list of addictions I have. Sports, mainly soccer, and art are two others.. more..

Writing