A Crush of Amber

A Crush of Amber

A Story by Austin Skye Elsborg

My back slides down the lockers until I hit the floor. I look at the girl across the narrow hallway from me. My feet are almost touching hers. When I noticed i swiftly folded my legs in. She read the script, her voice soft and somewhat silky, matching the long light brown hair falling over her shoulders onto her chest. She continued reading, laughing as she tried to do a British accent. I smiled with her, forgetting the rest of our group was there. Lost in the beam of light floating down through the window to caress her cheek. I could see myself dating her. She is beautiful. Theres no chance I thought, yet she is talking to me, we are in a group. I blushed when I realized i had zoned out to the thought. They had said it was my turn to read. I didn’t want to try and make my tongue work, not in front of her. I couldn’t pull my eyes away from the swirls in the ray of light, so gracefully lighting up her ivory skin. Maybe I like her. Its been months since I have actually liked someone. She would never though... Still I enjoyed the moment and began to read.

© 2012 Austin Skye Elsborg


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aw I love the detailed writing and the story! Very sweet.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Austin Skye Elsborg

11 Years Ago

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 10, 2012
Last Updated on September 10, 2012
Tags: Romance, short stories

Author

Austin Skye Elsborg
Austin Skye Elsborg

CO



About
I never realize just how much of me I put into my writing until I reread it all. Then I know, and it's much more then I thought. more..

Writing