A Love Affair in Blue

A Love Affair in Blue

A Story by AutumnRose
"

Peter Tork and Shoe Suede Blues

"

 

 All of us have heard of Elvis Presely's famous song "Blue Suede Shoes," but have you heard of Peter Tork's newest band Shoe Suede Blues? Their  new album Cambria Hotel is just making its debut, but does that make the band a "shoe in" for success? Peter Tork first made his strike at fame when he joined former sixties prefab phenomenon, The Monkees! Peter was portrayed as more of the goofy monkee, but has now taken on a more serious role in his love affair with the blues. Richard Mikuls began his long road to stardom when he bacame a staff writer and utility session musician for the once prominent Warner Bros. After becoming a highly sought-after musician, Richard has played with such legends as Jerry Lee Lewis, B.B. King, and The Pointer Sisters! Arnold Jacks, upon entering the University of Arizona, took up double bass after years of playing alto and tenor saxophone. With his talents progressing, Arnold was soon in demand, playing with such musicians as Barbara Morrison, Lamont Johnson, Eddie Khan, and quite a few others! When you place these well renown and respected musicians on a stage together, the end result is the harmonic sounds of Shoe Suede Blues. With Peter on guitar, and lead vocals, Richard on electric guitar, and Arnold on bass, the blues come alive! You may ask how can a three man band consisting of a recovering alcoholic and two "back up" musicians know anything about the blues? Well when leading a life of parties, drugs, and fame they can say they know a little bit about everything, including the blues!

© 2008 AutumnRose


Author's Note

AutumnRose
What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on July 17, 2008

Author

AutumnRose
AutumnRose

Plainfield



About
I take intrests in writing, drawing, singing, and I am just recently dipping into photography. I am pretty much a one woman travelling circus! On June 9, 2008 the death of my inspiration shook my worl.. more..

Writing