Chapter-1: The Journey

Chapter-1: The Journey

A Chapter by Avanthika

Born in a leap year even Abhilasha  had come across this thought that her birthday is being celebrated after every four year, but unlike other birthdays Abhilasha’s birthday didn't brought much of a happiness to her. She lost her mother when she was 16 on a leap year, and today she misses her mom the most when it’s time for her to leave the home and join the college. Her dad had always been strict about her studies and so he didn't wanted Abhilasha to pursue her studies in Kerala as there are expected to be more strikes than studies. On the way to Tamil Nadu, Erode she thought of her Mom and came across a poem during her journey.


What is the thing she fears?
I saw her eyes full of tears.

What did i do to make you cry?
What do you want me to try?                                              


There is something you must see.
Can you live without me?

She let herself to die,
saying everyone goodbye.

Everyone says that was the end.
My mom says never bend.

I pray to god, let it be a dream,
but life moves like a narrow stream.

I have to travel a long mile.
The only way to bring your smile.

I traveled the road very rough.
Life without you is very tough.
Life without you is very tough.

After the long 8 hour journey in bus, she step her foot for the first time in the land of Tamil Nadu, unfortunately she step on the cow dung.  Yaak, what the f**k is that? It’s a cow dung baby, said her father. she felt guilty for the fact that her father had noticed her 'f' word.                                                                                                                                                  
 I know dad its cow dung but what is it doing in road?                                                                

 Where else you expect the cows to s**t, the government doesn’t have toilets made for them.      

Very funny, she turned her head over to look around. What is this place? am I going to take survey on the poverty of this state or what? 

No you are going to study here. 

Wh...whaaat (in extreme shock), 

yeah you heard me right( father smiling). Din you like it?                                        I kinda love it (disappointed)



© 2014 Avanthika


Author's Note

Avanthika
so how was the first chapter?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the chapter. I liked use of poetry and story. You create good storyline and character. Thank you for sharing the excellent opening chapter.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


An interesting start. But there are quite a few grammatical errors. (I normally don't point grammar issues out if it's just a few but there was enough in here it was kind of distracting) And the poem was really good and added a nice sentiment to the chapter :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Few grammatical errors but the piece is good for the first chapter...will definitely keep the readers waiting for the next

Posted 9 Years Ago


The first part of this story which I have gone through is an interesting piece . We are known the the cerntal figure of this story named Abhilash. The language flow is superb like a great novalist. The story ipens with a natural atmosphere. The poem introduced is full of music and a great impact on the readers.
If time provides me I would like to go through the whole story again and then will comment honestly..
Keep writing...


Posted 9 Years Ago


nice..............loved the poem.........setting seems neat...........
Some grammatical errors are there though.
:)

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 5, 2014
Last Updated on November 5, 2014
Tags: love, life, dreams, desires, reality, faith, journey


Author

Avanthika
Avanthika

Canada



About
I'm a 19 year old classics student (study of Ancient Greece & Rome + Latin & Ancient Greek), and I like to read and write in my spare time. more..

Writing
chapter-2 chapter-2

A Chapter by Avanthika


chapter-3 chapter-3

A Chapter by Avanthika


Chapter-4 Chapter-4

A Chapter by Avanthika