chapter-5

chapter-5

A Chapter by Avanthika

Beautiful ladies and handsome guys, lets add some life to this party. We heard that our juniors are very talented, so we will have them on stage and give everyone a chance to display their talents. But there’s a slight change rather than displaying their talents they must show us what we ask them to do. So you guys ready

Yeaaaahhhhhh(shouted all the seniors)

“I can’t hear the juniors, you guys ready or are you scared” (stressing the scared word)

“We are ready said Charles” (who almost entered his rebellious character)

“Good so let’s start with you”

“Oops I din expect that to come so fast”

“Come on to the stage, now remove your shirt and show us some 6 pack pose”.

The seniors just got into Charles weakness; Charles had always felt terrible to show his lean, skinny body to others. Even in hostel he changed his dress from bathroom and came out. But now if he back up from the challenge, he will become a laughing jackass, if he displays his steel body he’s still gonna become one of those, in either ways he was attacked. With all the courage he took off his shirt and started posing like Mr. Universe. Though appreciated by the boys he had totally become a laughing monkey for the girls.

One by one they called of each and every person and made them do things at which they were worst.

Last was the chance of Abhilasha and Abhilash, little did both of them know that unlike others theirs will be a combined task.

“Now we will call the stars of the show Ms. Abhilasha and Mr. Abhilash”.

Both Abhilasha and Abhilash who were standing at a distance away from each other looked at each other.

“Do you guys need a special invitation or you will come by yourself”.

Abhilasha entered the stage from the left side, her heart beating faster as if she had run a marathon and Abhilash made his entry from right with an optimistic attitude ready to face whatever comes on the way. As the two meet each other in stage they looked puzzled over each other hoping to have an end to this damn program.

“Ohhh they look so cute together” said Charles, “I wonder what he will make them to do together” said Dhanya who was also confused with the whole scene.

“So our crowd think you guys are made for each other, look at your name itself Abhilasha and Abhilash, there’s just this ‘a’ difference between you guys. Abhilasha are you tensed, don’t worry, we won’t trouble you much, all you have to do is take a decision. Abhilash would propose you with a rose and if you accept his rose you have to kiss him in his cheek and if you don’t you have to slap him. A kiss or slap, the decision is yours”.

“Oh my God this is going to be some real fun to watch”. Said Joseph who was another friend and roommate of Abhilash’s.


“Since the day I saw you, I wouldn't say I fell in love with you, it was definitely not love at first sight, but I knew you were different, watching you sit alone at the corner of the class, I always wanted to be your friend. A friend with whom you can celebrate your happiness and share your sorrows. But now when I look at those beautiful eyes I feel your pain. The pain of being alone. I want to be beside you every time to wipe your tears and to accompany you in your life.

(Bending in his knee)This rose is for the most beautiful lady in the world in my eyes, I want to be the better half of you, and so do you accept this rose as a token of my love.”

Everyone stood stunned at Abhilash’s performance and Abhilasha didn't move her eyes from him even for a second. With her eyes wide open and her mouth opened slightly, Abhilash once again asked her, “Do you accept me as a partner for your entire life?”

Abhilasha wouldn’t have recognised it but her hands moved forward and accepted the rose.

“Oh my god is she going to kiss him” said Dhanya

Abhilash stood up and moved closer to her, it was then she realized she had the rose in her hand and now she had to kiss him.

When she looked over the people, she felt offended over the guys shouting “Kiss him” and the girls watching keenly every moment of her action.

She hadn't even talked to guy in her life, how she can think of kissing a guy in the middle of 300 people. She didn’t thought much, threw the flower into the ground and slapped him in his cheek and went away straight to her hostel.



© 2014 Avanthika


Author's Note

Avanthika
how is it going?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

an interesting piece. good use of dialogue. keep up the good work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It made me remember, my first day at the college ;)
Though I was one of the "non-performers"
Apart from this, you have written it very well. A good writer as per me is the one who keeps the reader interested. And you did it beautifully. Waiting for the next chapters!
Kudos :)

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

274 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 5, 2014
Last Updated on November 5, 2014
Tags: ragging, seniors, love, life, pain, loneliness, beauty


Author

Avanthika
Avanthika

Canada



About
I'm a 19 year old classics student (study of Ancient Greece & Rome + Latin & Ancient Greek), and I like to read and write in my spare time. more..

Writing
chapter-2 chapter-2

A Chapter by Avanthika


chapter-3 chapter-3

A Chapter by Avanthika