Still asleep

Still asleep

A Poem by Avia
"

How i feel right now

"
Good morning bed, good morning window.
Good morning door, good morning pillow.
How sweet it is to wake from a long sleep.
A rest that made it seem like dreams are to keep.
The kind of rest that you don't always get.
The kind of rest that makes you forget.
And in those initial moments of just waking.
Everything seems so right, the day's what you make it.
But soon this wears off and the memories rush in.
You remember the reason you cried yourself to sleep.
You remember the deadline, the problems to be fixed.
Then the day sets you to work, and you say goodbye to sleep.
The refuge from reality that warps truth and time.
The power of dreams that makes everything fine.

© 2017 Avia


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

university life keeps me from a good nights sleep
this poem was a beautiful representation of that one small chance i or anyone else can get when we finally get a chance for a good rest.
life is so busy these days, we barely have time for a good sleep. its tiring.
you managed to capture a whole new and beautiful idea in a small poem which nicely portrayed that very idea.
wonderful stuff !!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Avia

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Pia.



Reviews

I once wrote a song that described sleep as an escape from reality, and the same point is mentioned in much of my unpublished poetry. I'm always speaking of my depression. This reminds me of those darker days. But not in a bad way.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Nice work Avia! You have beautifully written about how the day gets sometimes. And those nights where u cry yourself to sleep. Very relatable. What I like best is the title of this poem.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Avia

6 Years Ago

Thanks Nema.
Dreams are a source of escapism. My thoughts creep in my head even before I open my eyes after sleeping.
This poem is filled with facts. I loved it.

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Avia

6 Years Ago

Thanks Najam :)
Najam Us Saher

6 Years Ago

You're welcome. ☺
Well deadline is ahead of me one month...... And i hate to wake up but eventually i have to at 10:30 am because my classes starts at 11:45.........
I remember the days when me an my pillow enjoyed each others company with no restrictions.....

Good work Avia...

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Avia

6 Years Ago

Sometimes when you get those rare moments of sweet sleep, it's pure bliss. Thanks for reading
Sleep is...amazing. I got no words to explain it. Lol. Being deprived of sleep...I'm actually used to it...It doesn't really bother me though. And yes, of course, dreams while sleep are a great way to escape the reality and for once you get to experience a completely different feeling...A different world in all. Lovely write!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Avia

6 Years Ago

Thanks Zoe :)
Zoya

6 Years Ago

No problem
university life keeps me from a good nights sleep
this poem was a beautiful representation of that one small chance i or anyone else can get when we finally get a chance for a good rest.
life is so busy these days, we barely have time for a good sleep. its tiring.
you managed to capture a whole new and beautiful idea in a small poem which nicely portrayed that very idea.
wonderful stuff !!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Avia

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Pia.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 9, 2017
Last Updated on September 9, 2017

Author

Avia
Avia

Nigeria



About
Taking this life's journey one step at a time with faith. I love to write and I enjoy reading beautiful pieces of writing. Follow me on Instagram: hikky_avia more..

Writing
A Public Apology A Public Apology

A Story by Avia


I met a Hero I met a Hero

A Poem by Avia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..