The Invitation

The Invitation

A Poem by Vesa Lee
"

They say we are seduced unto darkness...yet what if the seduction was done by me?

"

Enchanting darkness...
I feel you pull me nearer, singing softly in my ear of all the beauty that lies in the shadows.
Sharing ice cold kisses, still burning on my lips, I beg for more...
 

Breathing in and out.
Your lovely bones connect with flesh and all is lost. For now beauty is seen and heard.
Who can resist temptation so sweet and deadly?

Curling, twirling.
Lost inside this labyrinth of misconception and deceit. Don't point out the door...
...Don't show me the way out...

Purposely lost and desolate.


Well spun little spider, you've caught me in your web, lovely death.
 May I be your gallows finest decoration.
Self destruction never tasted so thick and coppery before...

Invitations are answered...
Not much longer and I shall be lost fully to your sway.
Hold me close and show me all you have to offer...
Resistance died along with my soul I AM YOURS.

Kill me softly...

I've surrendered to your dance. Embraced your depredation. Accepted my end.

True love hurt much more than anything you could do to punish me, so finish me...

In this game of slit wrists no one wins.

© 2010 Vesa Lee


Author's Note

Vesa Lee
The inviting of darkness into our lives in a reckless act of self abandon and destruction that often follows an instance of great heartache.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

At once chilling and morose, while intoxicating and provacative. I can feel both pain and longing in this piece, with undercurrents of desire. It is easy to go from the warm embrace of those that have once held us close, to the cold grip of despair, fear and heartbreak.

Fabulously done, Vesa. And, as I do all who write such works, I will offer you what I can to cheer you up:

Want a cookie?

Posted 14 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love the phrase 'labyrinth of misconception and deceit'. I also love the line 'Well spun little spider, you've caught me in your web, lovely death.'
This is a beautiful write. It flows nicely, the rhythm is good, and you've used lovely phrases that really capture the mood.
Well done :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ahh...darkness. Such an interesting topic. I love how you put it...explaining that it seems so perfectly...perfect...so almost innocent, yet it just leaves to what is nothing...

Never mind. Not good at reviewing.

Nevertheless, it was a very interesting piece, and I apologize for the delay.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You find yourself loving someone to the point its so painful that you can't go on. You begin to fear the heartbreak and you start to destroy yourself. You stop sleeping. You stop eating. You stop being. Its like a black veil draped accross your face. You hate the feeling...you take it away....you end it all, just because you didn't want your heart broken.

This is my interpretation, it may not be what you are trying to convey.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

oh man! this gives me the heebeegeebees!!!!! It's written well and descriptive. Keep it up!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JC
i am fascinated with falling, with degradation, spiralling out of control, the excitement of experiances out of the norm, this is a wonderful poem of abandonment, of freedom of soul, the spirit of baudelaire writhes like a snake in your churning heart, blossoming as a fleur de mal..

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The poem is outstanding. You took me on a journey with your words. The story got stronger with each line and draw the reader in. Goal of a writer. It was a pleasure to read your words.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
This was wonderful.
I was hooked from the beginning.
Honest talent.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

great write
i dont know what else to say, hehe

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow!!
I was not expecting that one-two punch ending!!
dark, raw and hurting yet written with such finesse.
Truly a most exceptional piece.


Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

wow. this was really really amazing! i wish i could write like this! very nice :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1154 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 7, 2009
Last Updated on January 13, 2010

Author

Vesa Lee
Vesa Lee

About
I am a person. I am enthralled with reading/writing poetry and stories, as well as collecting quotes. I am captivated by beauty. I study it any chance I get. I want desperately to be loved by my S.. more..

Writing
armour-clad armour-clad

A Poem by Vesa Lee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..