The Blue Sweater

The Blue Sweater

A Story by AwkwardedOut
"

Short story of a lesbian young school girl. Has metaphors and symbolism employed.

"
What a pain it was, this blue sweater that I was wearing. It itched underneath, I felt like scratching my skin untill my not so well shaped nails would turn it inside out. My skin I mean, cause the sweater was something I had to wear no matter what. School rules, blue sweater for winter!
The itching part was actually not the worst thing about the sweater. The worst was when the itch reminded me of the feeling I get. You know the feeling right? When you are around people and you don't feel quite accepted, and you don't feel like the best recipient either. You are familiar to what I am referring, right? I hope I'm not the only one.
But I am less in number I guess. The girls run away from me as if I were to tease them even with my slightest touch. I mean, I don't know why I make them feel that way. I can clearly understand that they are not "my type". And the others, the boys I mean, they are indifferent to me as my presence or attention won't fetch them any profit. It's true, men are dogs. But from where I stand, women are b*****s too.
I hope I can find "my type" soon, or at least someone who wouldn't mind talking to me as a friend. Ugh! This blue sweater is so distracting! I wish I could open it and throw it away, but the present condition doesn't allow that, the winter I mean. And I can't claw my skin either. So I'm currently stuck with my blue sweater on. These cold times give me shivers, hope the winter passes soon.

© 2017 AwkwardedOut


Author's Note

AwkwardedOut
How do I improve?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is very open and honest, I will admit I wasn't very drawn in at the beginning I think it might be the lack of emotion in the words but I can't say for sure. However, if you continue reading it is very rewarding or at least it was to me. You are definitely not alone! I personally know that exact feeling. I actually don't have very many friends and the few I did have moved away. So you are not alone.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is very open and honest, I will admit I wasn't very drawn in at the beginning I think it might be the lack of emotion in the words but I can't say for sure. However, if you continue reading it is very rewarding or at least it was to me. You are definitely not alone! I personally know that exact feeling. I actually don't have very many friends and the few I did have moved away. So you are not alone.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 5, 2017
Last Updated on October 5, 2017
Tags: Lesbian, young, girl, depressed, coming out, acceptance, short

Author

AwkwardedOut
AwkwardedOut

Kolkata, India



About
Aspiring poet and writer. Shy and awkward personality. more..