The Sickness

The Sickness

A Poem by Azrael
"

My view on what religon has done for the world

"

Its an illness
A disease, a parasite.
It has lived with us for thousands of years,
Taken many differnt forms, told just as many lies,
And stolen millions upon millions of lifes;
Some dead, some infected, but lost nonetheless
To this monster.
Made by man in mans own image
Created to destroy
This disease called god

© 2008 Azrael


Author's Note

Azrael
go ahead and tell me what you think, what could be better, what would help it flow, anything and everything

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well, the placement of words is good, but there's just not enough meat to it. It's all bone. There's nothing to flesh it out. There's not enough filler to make it interesting. For all anyone knows, it holds the same feel as reading a chemistry book. Make it alive. Make it vibrant. I suggest flooding it with emotion. You have the imagery, but you don't have the emotion that ties it all together.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Well, the placement of words is good, but there's just not enough meat to it. It's all bone. There's nothing to flesh it out. There's not enough filler to make it interesting. For all anyone knows, it holds the same feel as reading a chemistry book. Make it alive. Make it vibrant. I suggest flooding it with emotion. You have the imagery, but you don't have the emotion that ties it all together.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Though a good and well worded poem, you mistake religion with the folly of mankind. Confusing faith with zealotry so to speak. As Constance has pointed out, not all that believe in God hate and kill. Just those that are misguided or have their own ambitions controlling what they do. Still, I do like the poem, especially since I have had much the same thoughts at one time or another.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is, in all, a poem filled with anger, yet anger displaced. Do all people who believe in God kill and hate? NO. There are many good people who believe in God. You can not blame all for the sins of a few. I am also upset at how much people have used religion as a reason to hate, but if you hate all of those who believe for it, you are no better than they. Tolerance. That is the only answer to stopping religious wars. What you preach here is not tolerance, but hate of all faiths. There will always be someone who believes in a religion, some religion, one perhaps that you do not like. Remember that they do so because they have to give meaning to their lives- and why shouldn't they?
You express your anger well, all told. Though lifes should be lives. It does flow well, and intrigue.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 16, 2008

Author

Azrael
Azrael

Vatican City, Vatican City



About
Azrael is not one I associate with much anymore, the few people that know both me and "him" should consider themselves very lucky that ive let them so close. Azrael, is a very dark entity, "the ang.. more..

Writing
Tortured Soul Tortured Soul

A Poem by Azrael



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..