The O'Malley Adventure -Based off a true story

The O'Malley Adventure -Based off a true story

A Story by Azulberry
"

Walter O'Malley was best known as the man who moved the Dodgers from Brooklyn to Los Angeles. This is his story.

"

The sun makes its way up and its shine is incredibly beautiful. The sun shines enters Mr. O’Malley’s bedroom. Whispers of excitement began as the shine awakened O’Malley from his deep slumber. He awakes and roars a mighty yawn. His yawn could wake ferocious grizzly bears from their seemingly eternal hibernation. O’Malley wipes the dust from his ancient and exhausted eyes. By the view of his eyes you could tell he’s seen his fair share of battles. O’Malley stands and stretches out his brittle body. The sun shine creates his promiscuous shadow on the wall and appears glorified.

         After leaving his toothbrush wanting more, he departed from his Brooklyn hotel room. He had a backpack and he packed it up nice! A light zephyr passes the hallway as O’Malley passes.  As he passed through the ominous hallways he suddenly stopped. He felt an uneasy presence. He turns around to glare towards the dark hallway. A dark figure emerges at the end of the hall. The dark figure appears nebulous. The sun that had been present has now vanished. O’Malley is not unnerved by this, he stares fearlessly. The hazy figure begins to march toward O’Malley’s direction. O’Malley is unhesitant and extracts his reverse bladed sword from his nicely packed backpack. The figure now begins to sprint exponentially towards O’Malley. The sprinting resembles a giraffe on steroids. O’Malley raises his gargantuan sword with poise…

         Later that day Mr. O’Malley began walking to Robert Moses’ office building. As he walks he hears the birds singing their wonderful tunes and that lifts his spirit sky high. Sky-high like a teenage-Temecula boy. The breeze was algid and comforting. The day is amiable, but dark clouds are on the horizon. O’Malley nears Moses’ office building entrance. Just as he reaches for the disparate door, an intimidating roar rolls through the streets of Brooklyn. Intimidating like Zeus’ omnipotent beard. The dark clouds have now reached its grasp around Brooklyn. O’Malley is startled, but only for half of a second. As O’Malley composes himself he notices the familiar dark figure to his left side! O’Malley flips backwards acrobatically and pulls out his katana. Rain begins to shower brutishly. The thunder speaks for the sky. The heavy descending rain blurred O’Malley’s vision. This makes the dark figure’s identity abstruse. Just as O’Malley turned to strike, the dark figure was gone. As sudden as the dark figure appeared, it disappeared even quicker. The strong winds dispersed the rain, and the rain seemed to depart with the stranger.

         O’Malley enters Moses’ office building. The room is filled with a good amount of people obviously working. He trots to the elevator with glee. O’Malley gets cut off by a handsome gentleman. The gentleman stops right in front of O’Malley. O’Malley is bewildered by the gentleman’s action. The gentleman’s face is facing the floor. O’Malley could not locate the expression of the man since the man had a top hat on. He is wearing an expensive suit as well. The gentleman appears as a classy and benignant person. The gentleman lifts his head up to glare into the eyes of O’Malley almost saying some hidden message without speaking. O’Malley could tell there was a look of imminent danger in the gentleman’s eyes. They stare intently at one another for what seems like forever. O’Malley notices the crowded room is not so congested anymore. All of the working people seem to have quietly exited the room while O’Malley and the handsome gentleman stared off into each other’s dreamy eyes. The gentleman says with a devilish grin,

         “Get ready to dance . . . with swords!” The handsome gentleman tosses his gorgeous top hat to the side like only a gentleman can. He then retrieves a brobdingnagian-sized sword from within his provocative business suit. O’Malley pulls out his katana faster than the flash of a nuclear weapon going off. O’Malley demands answers from the handsome gentleman.

         “I’m the beautiful man with a beautiful hand.” Answered the gentleman. He then flexes and his business suit rips into tiny pieces and combusts into flames as it slowly descends onto the floor.  O’Malley observes with absolute awe as the gentleman lifts his overly-exaggerated huge-shiny sword, and is ready to strike. The gentleman charges and swings his powerful sword with cogent ambitions. O’Malley barrel rolls out of the way but the strong swing of the sword causes a forceful push and that sends O’Malley off balance. The gentleman reacts swiftly and swings his mighty sword towards O’Malley’s direction. O’Malley appears doomed, but he miraculously dodges the strike by jumping into the air with the aid of his katana. O’Malley’s cat-like reflexes save him for the time being. While still in the air O’Malley attempts to stab the gentleman but out of the blue the gentleman shoves a rush of wind at O’Malley that sends him flying and crashing against a discourteous wall. O’Malley has a dumbfounded expression on his face. He was flabbergasted that the gentleman knew the power-wind technique, a scarcely used technique in this day of age. Obviously the gentleman has been trained. O’Malley gathers himself together and stands again to face the strongly-willed gentleman. The gentleman begins laughing hysterically. O’Malley is not intimidated though.

         “Does it depress you to know that you’re going to lose this battle?” O’Malley asked. The gentleman looks puzzled. O’Malley has something grand up his sleeve. The man with the beautiful hand dashes toward O’Malley with cruel intentions. He slashes violently but O’Malley blocks every feeble attempt with his katana. O’Malley back flips and kicks the gentleman’s beautiful jaw with epic force. He stammers backwards barely staying up on his feet. The fight will conclude abruptly thanks to O’Malley’s arcane move. O’Malley raises his arm towards the gentleman’s direction. A special energy commences around the hand of O’Malley. Panic sets in for the handsome gentleman; his expression mirroring a mother who was just enlightened about her teenage daughter being pregnant. The glowing energy has now grown brighter and blue. It grew double in size as well.

         “Dodger Blast!” Yells O’Malley. He sends the blast at the gentleman. The room grew quiet as the deafening blast headed toward the gentleman.  The gentleman screams and weeps like a maiden as the blast nears him. The blast makes contact and a large boom follows. O’Malley just stands there in place admiring his epic move like a baseball player admires his homerun. The dust clears and O’Malley has knocked the handsome gentleman unconscious.

         “Apollo has lifted his skirt, Venus has put away her bosom, the day has been launched.” O’Malley says in victory.

         O’Malley gallops to the elevator and heads to the top floor. The elevator doors open and the room is pitch black. Silence endures as he proceeds forward. A spot light comes on near the back end of the room. The dark figure appears yet again. O’Malley gives a requisition to the dark figure. The dark figure walks into the spotlight (drama!).

         “Gasp!” O’Malley yells. He is bewildered by what he sees. A cold chill runs down O’Malley’s spine. The dark figure has been Robert Moses all along. Moses composed a masterful contrivance against O’Malley.

         “Are you really all that surprised Mr. O’Malley? I’ve resented you from the day we first met. A new stadium cannot and will not be built in Brooklyn. You can try speaking to the mayor all you want but I have the power in this town. Nothing is built without my say so.” Moses says with a smirk. O’Malley shrugs off his statements.

         “You have made a fool out of me. You sent the handsome gentleman to attack me.” O’Malley claims. Moses concurs and giggles like a teenage girl.

         “You laugh like a little schoolboy bi***!” O’Malley says. Moses is angered by this as his face turns red. The tension in the room grows abundantly palpable. O’Malley slowly extracts his katana out. They both stay composed and Van Damme-like. Moses yanks out his Lion-Dog sword. The battle is about to begin.

         Moses and O’Malley chase around one another throughout the room. Their speed moves inanimate objects like nothing. Papers fly into the air as they strike at each other and they continue their sprints around the room.  O’Malley finally makes the first contact. He hits Moses across the face with his handle and Moses crashes through the window. O’Malley dives out the window to chase Moses’ fall. O’Malley swipes at Moses but Moses defends himself well and avoids death for the meantime. They fall and fall until Moses lands on a conveniently placed landing pad. O’Malley follows and just misses what would have been a fatal strike. Moses rolls out of the way and reaches for a concealed weapon. O’Malley hurries up onto his feet. He realizes Moses is trying to pull a fast one and readies his katana for defense. Moses pulls out a nine millimeter pistol and fires it three times. O’Malley dodges with acrobatic moves and reflects a couple shots away with his katana. Moses then jumps onto the side of the building and climbs quickly like Andy Pettitte on HGH. O’Malley follows suit and does the same. Moses reaches the roof and dives forward to prepare to finish the battle. O’Malley finally reaches the roof. They both stare at one another like they do in Dragonball Z to the point where it’s antagonizing. The breeze passes through. The pigeons are on watch as dark clouds cover the sky, and thunder begins to roar once again. The wind's velocity becomes violent and a heavy downpour of rain startles the city.

         O’Malley tosses his katana to the side and Moses obliges. Nothing better than an old-fashioned fist fight. They run at each other like gazelles and leap towards each other. O’Malley’s right hook is denied and Moses lands a left punch to O’Malley’s cheek. O’Malley responds faster than Moses anticipates and punches Moses in the gut. Their blows could be heard from miles away as they echoed throughout Brooklyn. The city grows curious about what is happening. A little too bi-curious. The media attempts to fly a helicopter nearby to film the once in a lifetime battle but they are negated because of the force of the battle. One helicopter crashes because of the tremendous battle going on. The explosion of the helicopter does not faze either O’Malley or Moses. They keep on fighting. Blow by blow they get weaker, but they don’t stop. The battle goes on for days on end with no end in sight. Neither opponent gives in to the other's ferocious might. Six long days go by and the fighting seems to be eternal. The battle has caused tremors and earthquakes varying in force throughout the city.

         O’Malley kicks Moses across the face and Moses goes flying into the wall. Moses spits blood out and lashes out toward O’Malley. Moses drop-kicks O’Malley in the chest and O’Malley then hits the ground hard. He too spits blood and gets back on his feet. They’re both bruised and battered. It is obvious that fatigue is finally kicking in for both fighters. Their clothes are filthy and torn. O’Malley sprints toward Moses and Moses toward O’Malley. They both yell at the top of their lungs. And they both land right hand strikes to one another’s faces. Both go flying in opposite directions; and hit the floor while scraping by until walls impede them. For the first time in four days they don’t react right after a hard blow. Both O’Malley and Moses remain in their position without movement. The rain and thunder finally subside. The sun is finally peeking out from the dark clouds. O’Malley and Moses both stagger up to their feet. Both look like they’re about to collapse again. The stare off seems to have been revived but thankfully it will be short lived.

         “I’m done with you. I’m done with New York. I’m moving my Dodgers out west to sunny southern California. I hope you’re happy with what you accomplished.” O’Malley just managed to say. Moses says nothing and O’Malley walks away; never to see each other again.

         Moses had his doubts on O’Malley being able to convince the Major League Baseball commissioners to allow a move that far away. O’Malley had an ace in the hole. He had convinced the owner of the Manhattan Giants to move out west to San Francisco. O’Malley had won.

© 2021 Azulberry


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This story is huge. A weighty undertaking. Its obvious you like to write, and your writing has great expression. I’ll suggest a couple things for the first paragraph, and if you work with it, and like the way it sounds, then just apply to all the paragraphs.
First, eliminate all repetition of words unless the repetition is absolutely necessary, such as the word shine or sun shine. Second, you write in neat concise sentences, good. But writing with all short sentences begins to lack flow and pace. Change up the length of your sentences from time to time. Third, watch an over use of metaphors. You are very creative and enthusiastic, but too much metaphor distracts from the narrative. And last, consider the connotation of words. Did you really mean a promiscuous shadow?

thats it, try the suggestions. I offer them because your writing is entertaining and you show enthusiasm.
Keep up the good stuff.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Azulberry

1 Year Ago

Appreciate the feedback! It has been duly noted. I am always looking to improve my writing. Thank yo.. read more



Reviews

This story is huge. A weighty undertaking. Its obvious you like to write, and your writing has great expression. I’ll suggest a couple things for the first paragraph, and if you work with it, and like the way it sounds, then just apply to all the paragraphs.
First, eliminate all repetition of words unless the repetition is absolutely necessary, such as the word shine or sun shine. Second, you write in neat concise sentences, good. But writing with all short sentences begins to lack flow and pace. Change up the length of your sentences from time to time. Third, watch an over use of metaphors. You are very creative and enthusiastic, but too much metaphor distracts from the narrative. And last, consider the connotation of words. Did you really mean a promiscuous shadow?

thats it, try the suggestions. I offer them because your writing is entertaining and you show enthusiasm.
Keep up the good stuff.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Azulberry

1 Year Ago

Appreciate the feedback! It has been duly noted. I am always looking to improve my writing. Thank yo.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

329 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 12, 2017
Last Updated on December 10, 2021
Tags: dodgers, baseball, adventure, funny, silly

Author

Azulberry
Azulberry

Hemet, CA



About
I love writing, and I need feedback. Please help yourselves and critique away. If it at the least entertains you, then I'll consider it a win. Days of the Phoenix more..

Writing
Sequester Sequester

A Chapter by Azulberry