The Red Rose

The Red Rose

A Story by Brittany
"

Chapter 1

"

The Red Rose


Chapter 1


You know that cliche scene in movies where the guy looks at the girl and the whole scene stops and slows down and it shows the girls face and she happens to be talking to someone else but she is smiling and laughing and instantly the guy falls in love with her? I never thought that could actually happen, but for me it did. However my experience was a little different. 


It happened on the very first day of sophomore year. I was walking across the court yard to my english class and it happened. The whole world stopped and the only thing I saw was his face. He was the cutest boy I had ever seen. He had the most beautiful blue eyes and silky brown hair that glistened in the sunlight. He kept his wardrobe simple, pants and a t-shirt. He looked perfect. Now the interest part was he looked up and his gaze was starting right at me. It was like what had hit me when i looked at him had hit him to. I tired not to blush but i could feel my cheeks getting warm. We walked past each other and continued on our paths to class. 


The whole next hour I could not get his face out of my head. What was boggling my mind was that he was looking at me the same way. It all happened so fast, within a blink of an eye. I wonder if I should say something to him the next time I see him. The thoughts were taking over my brain, I could no longer think about anything else let alone mathematics.  “ Claire, you are totally spacing out today what is wrong with you?” “ Hello anyone in there?” I realized my best friend Nicole was trying to get my attention. I left my day dreaming to answer her before she thought I was ignoring her again. “ I am here, I’m fine relax.” Nicole gave me this look as if I shouldn’t tell her to relax. So not to toot my own horn but I am a straight A student. So whenever I slip up or somehow stop paying attention to the lecture my friends seem to flip out. “ Nicole do not look at me like that, something really crazy happened to me this morning, but I will tell you after school. I don’t need people over hearing this.” She was now reassured knowing she would figure out what was going on. I didn’t even know what was going on, I guess the best I could do is just explain to her what happened. 


The rest of the day went on as normal. You know class after class, lunch and some more classes till it was time to go home. Thankfully the bell rang, I jumped out of my seat so fast people stopped and stared. I meant up with Nicole outside by the gate. We always walked to my house after school and her mom would pick her up later after she got off of work. “ So are you going to tell me what happened?,” Nicole anticipated. “ Okay, Okay, so this morning when I was walking to math class I saw this guy. I already know what you are thinking. This time was different. The whole world just stood still and I couldn’t stop staring it was the weirdest yet humble feeling I have ever felt. The crazy thing though, was that he was staring right back at me.” I tried my best to explain how I felt, It was a kind of a you had to be in my shoes kind of thing. “ Wow Claire, what do you think that means?” she asked. “ I honestly have no idea. I want to talk to him but actually the idea terrifies me. I would probably start mumbling sentences that do not make sense. I guess I will either never talk to him and wonder my whole life if he is the one, or see how things play out.” Nicole nodded her head in agreement. She knew I was super shy when it came to guys, considering I did not have the best track record. She never tried to push me to talk to guys like most best friends do. She is really supportive. One of the reasons I love her. It helps to grow up with someone since diapers. After time goes by you just seem to understand each other.


I heard a honk coming from outside, it was Nicole’s mom. “ I’ll see you tomorrow.” Nicole said. “ For sure don’t forget to do your math assignment. Mr. Smith will kill you if you forget again.” Nicole was notorious for not doing her homework. “ I know, I know I will, later days.” She walked down the stairs to the front door. Later days was sort of our saying. I honestly don’t remember where it came from but it has just always been something we say to each other instead of bye. The night went by faster then I wanted it to knowing another day of school was ahead. I changed into my pajamas and got into bed. My mind immediately started thinking about the incident at school this morning. I knew this boy was going to drive me crazy, but what was I suppose to do?

© 2015 Brittany


Author's Note

Brittany
What do you think so far?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
Added on June 21, 2015
Last Updated on June 21, 2015
Tags: love, relationships, heartbreak, boys, girls, passion, high school

Author

Brittany
Brittany

Writing
Life Life

A Story by Brittany


Lost Lost

A Story by Brittany